JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

'HT' not a device on extended 8910 / LDKP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zellarman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: 'HT' not a device on extended 8910 / LDKP Reply with quote

On my extended 8910 I've successfully assigned a LKP on my RCVR/AMP button. I left the 'short' blank and it defaults to the normal macro used for key assignment and the 'long' is a power on macro.

I've set up a DSM on the Power button for HT mode w/ a power off macro, and want to assign a similar LKP power on macro for the HT button, but just can't get it to work. More specifically, I can't write the programming necessary because HT isn't an available device key. I guess this is part of the "no home theater mode" as described in the Readme for the extender. But, the Readme also does say, right in the beginning, that "You can put a Macro or Keymove on any key"

Is there any way to get around this? I know I could swap the device keys assignment of 'HT' with another button, but after a few years of using the remote, I'm not sure I'd be able to cope.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens when you put a macro on the Home_Theater key (scroll down - it's between Com/Skip and Exit)?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: 'HT' not a device on extended 8910 / LDKP Reply with quote

Maybe you should post your .ir file in the diagnosis area (and URL back here). That's more definitive than describing what you've done.

Zellarman wrote:
On my extended 8910 I've successfully assigned a LKP on my RCVR/AMP button. I left the 'short' blank and it defaults to the normal macro used for key assignment

I've never used an LKP, so maybe I'm missing something. But I think I know the theory and what you said makes no sense.

and the 'long' is a power on macro.

Zellarman wrote:
More specifically, I can't write the programming necessary because HT isn't an available device key.

So far as I understand, there is no such thing as a "device key" (in the unextended sense) in the extender. No key has an more or less association with any one device mode than any other key.

Zellarman wrote:
I know I could swap the device keys assignment of 'HT' with another button, but after a few years of using the remote, I'm not sure I'd be able to cope.

There should be no need to use a different key than you want to use.
Zellarman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: 'HT' not a device on extended 8910 / LDKP Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
Maybe you should post your .ir file in the diagnosis area (and URL back here). That's more definitive than describing what you've done.

Done, the link is http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5028

I said "long is a power on macro" - when you define a LKP, you're basically writing up to two macros, there's two separate columns, one for a short press, and one for a long press. The keys I defined for a long press are essentially the same 'power on' macro as my 'M1' button.

underquark wrote:
What happens when you put a macro on the Home_Theater key (scroll down - it's between Com/Skip and Exit)?

A macro on the Home_Theater key works, basically I just duplicated the 'M1' button on my remote as a test to answer your question. The only difference is I had to remove the 'Home_Theater' from the list of macro keys to avoid a loop.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, your file says the macro on HT DOESN'T work, while you say in your post that a macro on HT DOES work.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Looking at your HT macro, it calls for shift-Phantom2 followed by xshift-Phantom2. Your last DEV_ command in shift-Phantom2 is DEV_db08, so the remote looks for (1) a MACRO on xshift-Phantom2 and finds none, so then it looks for (2) a keymove (or SP function) on DEV_db08:xshift-Phantom2, which also has nothing assigned. Hence nothing happens.

If your intent is for it execute one of your LKPs on TV or RCV/AMP:xshift-Phantom2, you need to put a DEV_TV or DEV_AUD command in between the other two commands in your HT macro.

Finally, I cannot fathom why you are using LKPs if the short side is blank? It seems unproductive.

If you explained what it is you are trying to accomplish overall with you setup, it might make it easier to provide advice.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Zellarman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 'HT' not a device on extended 8910 / LDKP Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
your file says the macro on HT DOESN'T work, while you say in your post that a macro on HT DOES work.

My file says a LKP doesn't work, and a macro does work on the HT button as I also said, what confused you? The macros work on this button, and so do LKP's. You explained so yourself why mine wasn't working.

Capn Trips wrote:
Finally, I cannot fathom why you are using LKPs if the short side is blank? It seems unproductive.

Zellarman wrote:
I left the 'short' blank and it defaults to the normal macro used for key assignment and the 'long' is a power on macro.

It defaults back to the original keyset assignment, why do something to overwrite what already exists and works?

What I wanted and now have is a single press of 'HT' button to assign keys, a long press for a power on macro, and a DSM power off macro on 'Power' button. What isn't working now is the continuation of the 'vol-' which is the last function of the LKP macro.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. Rolling Eyes

OK. I see now that you are executing all of your device selection BEFORE invoking the LKP special function. I'm used to seeing a macro doing all of that, and then simply calling the macro on the short side of the LKP. An unusual way of doing it, but if it works, don't mess with it, I suppose.

As for the final Vol- command not working - I don't know.

Have you tried that sequence (the long side of the LKP) as a standalone macro? I would build such a macro one command at a time starting with the Vol- and adding the preceding commands one at a time until you see when it breaks.

It could simply be a case of the duration of the Vol- signal being too short. Are you trying to send ONE iteration of a Vol- command? or do you have something else mapped to it? Try 2 or three Vol-'s in succession to see if you get an effect.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: