JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comcast DVR Remote - URC-1067bx3? JP1.3?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abroadst

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Comcast DVR Remote - URC-1067bx3? JP1.3? Reply with quote

I recently got a Comcast remote that looks to be a URC-1067bx3, at least that's my best guess based on this page http://www.urcsupport.com/index.php.

In the files section there's a file that appears to be an RDF for this remote. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=44

In that RDF it says this is a JP1.3 remote. What is that? How do I program it? I bought a JP1.2 cable from DIYGadget thinking it would work. I haven't tried it yet but I'm doubtful now. The 6-pin connector inside the battery area says "1003".

Any advice on how to program this remote? Will the JP1.2 cable I bought work for this remote?

Thanks!
-Andrew
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to tell what you have is to download it and see.
Mine looks similar to that and its a JP1.2 remote. Your cable will work with both JP1.2 and JP1.3 remotes.

Quote:
In that RDF it says this is a JP1.3 remote. What is that?

Uei changed the kind of chips they use. The Jp1.2 remotes were Motorola, then they with to a different chip by Samsung.

One word of caution, make sure to download from the remote and save it as an IR file, before you start any programming. These cable remotes often have cable system specific information that needs to be preserved.
abroadst

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Failed to open JP1.x interface Reply with quote

I clicked "download from remote" in ir and I got two long blinks and one short blink on the "cable" button. Then ir gave an error message: "Failed to open JP1.x interface". I'm not sure what to try next. Any thoughts?
Evan_s

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what versionof IR are you using? I had that problem with ir 7.0 when I first got a jp1.3 remote. I upgraded to IR 7.0.3 and everything worked fine.
abroadst

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's 7.03. I just downloaded all the latest stuff. There are two versions of jp12serial.dll that I found. One is packaged with IR 7.03. The other is included with RemoteMaster.v1.81.zip. The RM one looks later. I tried both and get the same error, however.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: