JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR intercepton

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zellarman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: IR intercepton Reply with quote

yes, 'interception'
Is it likely to be able to 'tap' into the IR receiver connections of a typical component and hook it up to the 'data' or 'sensor' in a repeater system?
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably, but it would probably be easier and cheaper to just buy another pickup for the repeater system. Some of them are small enough to hide inside a component next to the regular receiver, bringing the wire out the back.

There are many potential problems:
Different power supplies requiring electrical isolation.
You'll probably need schematics and possibly wiring diagrams for all devices.
Bandwidth limited receivers, that pass some remote signals through but not all. I have one that only passes RC-1
Integrated receivers often filter the outout so only data is present, no carrier frequency, which would not input to a repeater system.

When seeking help with problems like this it is usually more informative to explain what you want to accomplish than what you want to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: