JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Oritron DAV3101
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimH wrote:
Here's where I stand now; I used the "Oritron_&_Koss_DVDs_(DVD-0651).txt" posted by Rob. Slurped i into KM and tweaked it. Turns out EFC 177 "audio" is the AV1/AV2 input toggle. EFC 240 "angle" is the tuner input toggle.

You are well on your way. Try each button to see what it really does, then change the name (in the Functions sheet) to match the actual button name (on the OEM remote) that it corresponds to. Then when you are done, check to see if there are any OEM buttons still unaccounted for. If there are, post back and we'll see if we can find those codes.

When you're done, save your new file under the actual model number of your device.

I see you have a new 15-2104 now, check to see if the learning mode works with this remote, if it does you should be able to get the codes for any remaining buttons yourself.
TimH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I see you have a new 15-2104 now, check to see if the learning mode works with this remote, if it does you should be able to get the codes for any remaining buttons yourself.

Yep, I have the OEM remote fully decoded now and I'm building a new KM file. What device number should I use? Is there an excepted standard for making new devices?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimH wrote:
Yep, I have the OEM remote fully decoded now and I'm building a new KM file. What device number should I use? Is there an excepted standard for making new devices?

Quick terminology lesson. A "device code" (or "device number" as John Fine likes to call them) is the code built into the signal itself, you have no choice here but to use the ones that you found in the learned signals.

I suspect what you meant to ask is "what 'setup code' should I use?". The short answer is, any code you like, but there are some guidelines. Don't re-use a built in setup code number that you are already using for some purpose. For example, if you are using TV/0156 for your TV, don't call the upgrade TV/0156 or it will override the built in code, but you could call it VCR/0156.

If there is an existing UEI code for this device that is not in your remote, and you know the code number, please call it that as it makes things simpler in the future when someone downloads your upgrade and they start asking questions about it. If you are replacing a code that is in your remote, we generally add 1000 to the UEI setup code number. So for example, if you are replacing the built in TV/0156 code, you might call it TV/1156. The maximum setup code number is 2047, so if you are replacing VCR/1162, for example, you might call it VCR/1262 or VCR/1062.

If there is no corresponding UEI code that you know of, then call the upgrade whatever you want. Basing it on the model number of the device in question is usually a good idea, especially with LCD remtoes. For example, when I created the upgrade for my Raite AV715 DVD player, I called it DVD/0715. (I've since discovered that there is a UEI code for this, which is DVD/0665).
TimH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were correct in that I was refering to the setup code. I used 652, since the 651 got me going to begin with<G>.

A fully decoded KM file is uploaded to yahoo now for the Oritron DAV3101 Home Theater System.

Now... on to extenders Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimH wrote:
You were correct in that I was refering to the setup code. I used 652, since the 651 got me going to begin with.

Going by the convention we generally use, if 0651 is the standard UEI code, we would normally use 1651 for the upgraded version, but like I said, you are free to call it what you like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: