JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help w/ Lutron Spacer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zellarman

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Need help w/ Lutron Spacer Reply with quote

1. Device: Lutron Spacer
2. Type of device: Dimmer light switch
3. Year: 2000 +- (recently, or still manufactured)
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC 8910B02, I also have 9910B01 & 6131B00 (modified)
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes, USB
6. Still have original remote? Yes, I've uploaded files, see below
7. Checked the file section? Yes, found partially functioning upgrade, see link below
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? NO, I unsuccessfully tried converting ccf files, and just don't trust the available files
9. Partially working setup code? NO
10. Learning remote question? See long story below only if you have the time!

Now for the FULL story and links. I downloaded an upgrade called 'Lutron Spacer' http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2364 which has working dim and brighten commands. Most of the other named command functions are really incorrect. The original remote has one large button, and a rocker alongside of it. The functions for the large button are On/Off toggle w/ a single press, 10 second fade to off w/ a press and hold, and Full bright w/ double Tap, the rocker dims/brightens.

I've also uploaded two IR files 'Lutron Comparison' http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4582 which contains the previously mentioned partially functioning upgrade Home/0597 on the aux button vol+/vol- are the bright/dim functions, and the same for what seems to be a self assigned code of DVD/0503 on the DVD button which were learned, the power button of DVD/0503 was also taught a single press of the lutron large button (power toggle).

The second uploaded IR file '8910 Home' http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4583 is the configuration of my primary remote. It has keymoved bright-L1\dim-L4 functions assigned to those keys of TV from db-09 Home/0597 and learned signals 'full bright' double tap assigned to PIP of db-08 and 'toggle' single tap assigned to sleep of db-08.

With the exception that the toggle seems to only works twice successively, sometimes only once, then only again functions until one of the dim commands is used, I'd be perfectly OK, but I'm hoping to start using an extender, and apparently they don't support learned signals, So......hopefully someone can help.

Here's what I think might be really important to know. As I mentioned before the learned toggle on the 8910 seems to work no more than twice successively, when it gets 'stuck' the original remote 'unsticks' it. Nothing happens on the first press, but it works the second time and on, where the learned command on the 8910 could be pressed a million times w/ nothing happening except for on the first one or two times.

Now that you're at the end, thanks for taking the time, and I hope I followed the guidelines closely enough.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just replaced the file, see if this one works...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2364
Zellarman

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: The Robman = THE MAN Reply with quote

Beautiful, it works, though not perfectly, the toggle still gets stuck, but oddly enough not after the same number of presses each time, some times after only two presses, other times you can get over ten presses.

Thanks to you, I now have my desired functions w/o using learned memory, so next up is an extender.

If you decide to go further, the fact that two quick presses of the power/toggle button doesn't make it go to full bright might tell you something, or maybe it's just something inherent in the 8910, but my thumb is certainly more than capable of traveling the same speed on either my 8910 or the Lutron remote. If you wish for me to upload learned signals again, just let me know, maybe you'll pick up on something.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The POWER button on the URC-8910 won't function exactly the same way as the button on the original remote, in other words, you can't do a double-press and expect it to send the "full bright" signal. You'll notice in the KM file that there are seperate functions listed for "power" and "full bright". This is because the "full bright" function requires that the signal be sent exactly 3 times, then it toggles the command and sends 3 more, so that's what happens when you use the "full bright" entry in the KM file.

If the toggle doesn't work the first time, it should work the send time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: