JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-9910 And JP1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aevans0001

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: URC-9910 And JP1 Reply with quote

Ok my question is pretty simple to answer (I Think I already know).

Can I use and code on here for any JP1 remote? So lets say the code was made for a RCA Remote can I use it with my 9910?

If not how do i tell which ones I can and cannot download.

If so, what if someone elses decisions on where keys are put isn't my favorite?

Also I am looking for the viewsat codes and I searched in the file section and came up with 2 but 1 says the F keys aren't in there and the other says other things aren't in there... Is it easy to create your own?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short answers:
Quote:
Can I use and code on here for any JP1 remote?

Yes;
Quote:
So lets say the code was made for a RCA Remote can I use it with my 9910?
Yes;
Quote:
If so, what if someone elses decisions on where keys are put isn't my favorite?
You can change them; and
Quote:
Also I am looking for the viewsat codes and I searched in the file section and came up with 2 but 1 says the F keys aren't in there and the other says other things aren't in there... Is it easy to create your own?

Yes.

I recommend reading the beginner's ReadMe (linked below in my sig).

You can use almost ANY upgrade you find in the file section in almost ANY JP1 remote (there may be some rare exceptions).

However, you must take that upgrade and open it using either Keymap Master or RemoteMaster, and modify it for YOUR remote (if the upgrade is for an RCA RCU-810, for example).

Also, in that same program, YOU assign any function you want to any button you want.

In your case, you don't NEED a JP1 cable to program your 9910, but it makes it a WHOLE LOT easier, and it allows you to create your own upgrades from learned signals which you download from the remote and decode.

After you have made your upgrade, you have to import it into the IR.exe program, from which you can upload the programming to your remote via a cable, or if you have no cable, it can create a WAV file upgrade that you can use to upgrade your remote using it's built-in modem.

Read the documentation and give it a shot. If you run into problems, ask a specific question.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
aevans0001

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Very Helpful thank you very much.... I am running into a problem with finding which models are compatible with which models for Intstance I have a new Dish Network VIP622 and Dishplayer 625 (These are dual tuners) I am looking for a code for them but I can not find one that says 622 or 625 only 311 and some of the other models...
jmezz13

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: VIP622 Reply with quote

Since I have a VIP622, I know there was one upgrade file listed in the file section under Device Upgrades/PVR/Dish PVR. But just for fun, I added mine which includes a discrete on/off code and was for the 8910 remote which is basically just like a 9910. I second the JP1 cable recommendation, if for no other reason to backup your remote (there are a lot of other good reasons). Smile
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a whole Dish PVR section in the file section for upgrades.

You realise, of course, that in those Dish units, the Dish remote uses IR and RF for TV1 control, which you can duplicate the IR part with a Universal remote like the 9910, but uses ONLY RF and no IR commands for TV2 control, so your 9910 (nor ANY universal remote) will not be able to control TV2 functions on any Dish unit. You will have to use the OEM remote for that regardless.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also a bunch under SAT
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: