JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Older Atlas5 (w/settings key) - how much can it learn

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeD2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Older Atlas5 (w/settings key) - how much can it learn Reply with quote

Hello -
Newbe question - hope someone here can help.
I have a older Atlas5 DVR remote I got with my SA8300 HD box from TW.

It does about 95% of what I need on a day-to-day basis and I like the 'feel' of the device. Hate to just set it aside and buy a new remote just to get that last 5% Wink

It has the 'settings' key & says JP1 next to the 6 pins. From what I've read in doing some searches here that suggests it would work with a JP1 cable.

Questions I have are:
1) anyway to determine for sure it's JP1 before I order a cable ?
2) how 'programable' is this device ? Will I be able to change keys so that they execute discrete functions? Mainly, I want to be able to discretely switch sources on my JVC TV (instead of using the TV remotes horrible toggle) and swap the Enter(#) function for the SA8300 with the TV's 'Aspect' toggle. I have found the codes for these discrete functions, just not sure how or if this remote is capable of 'learning' them.

Thanks !
kupakai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. There should be a label on the side of the battery compartment. It might say something like 1054-xxx-xxx-something. Or, if you still have the manual, at the end of the instructions, before the device code lists, it will probably say "M1054" on one side. If it does, it would be URC-1054 and this post seems to indicate it is JP1.

2. While I certainly would not discourage anyone from getting a JP1 cable (there are other benefits to having the cable, like adding new protocols when you do get a equipment that no built in codes work with, having a backup of the remote's programming, easier programming, etc.), if you already have a device code that partially works with the TV, there's a chance you can add the functions you want without the cable, by entering EFC (or advanced codes) via the key move function. What device code are you using for the TV and what is the TV's model number?
MikeD2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep the sticker says 1054-xxx-xxx ....... and the end of the manual has M1054 03/03 printed on it.

The TV is a JVC HD-61FN97 (code = 0053). And I have found the discrete's I need here http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi-bin2/ueic.cgi?TV_0053

I'd be more than happy to sacrifice the PIP buttons (if possible) to gain direct source buttons (I never use PIP anyway).
And I'd like to remap the 'Enter' for the SA8300 (controls picture aspect from the PVR) to be "Aspect" from the TV (it does a much nicer job of expanding the pic).
kupakai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you want the Aspect and the discrete inputs to be accessible while you are still in CBL mode, and not have to press "TV" before pressing ENTER for the aspect function, correct? Try this:

1. Press TV
2. Press and hold SETUP until 2 blinks
3. Type 994
4. Press SETUP
5. Type 131 (EFC for Aspect)
6. Press CBL device key
7. Press 'ENTER' key (or whatever you want to assign Aspect to)

The remote should blink twice to confirm.

For each of the discrete input function use the same steps except the EFC numbers (in step 5) are:

Video Source 1 = 121
Video Source 2 = 119
Video Source 3 = 116
Video Source 4 = 251

and press the key you want to assign the command to in step 7.

I'm at work so I haven't tested the above myself, but it should work. If it doesn't I'll test it when I get home.
MikeD2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCELLENT kupakai !!!!

That did the trick & I'm off & running (have already programmed a few other buttons as well.

One more question - I assume I skip setp 6 if I'm just remapping a key within the device selected in step 1 ?

Thanks SO MUCH for your assistance !
kupakai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeD2 wrote:
One more question - I assume I skip setp 6 if I'm just remapping a key within the device selected in step 1 ?

That's correct. You can also press and release SETUP before step 7 to assign the command to shifted key. You can then activate the shifted command by pressing and releasing SETUP and then pressing the key.
MikeD2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again kupakai - you've been a great help !
Paolo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is almost what I'm looking for, so thats why I stumbled across this post.

I want the exact same done, want to be able to contrl the TV's PIP and video source while in Cable mode, heck, even in dvd and vcr mode too.

will the above code work for me too?
Rogers 4250 HD Box
kupakai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paolo wrote:
this is almost what I'm looking for, so thats why I stumbled across this post.

I want the exact same done, want to be able to contrl the TV's PIP and video source while in Cable mode, heck, even in dvd and vcr mode too.

will the above code work for me too?

First, exactly which remote do you have? Look inside the battery compartment and post what it says on the sticker and the 6 pin header. Also, what is the make and model of your TV? The codes will be different for different TV's. Do you already have the remote set to a setup code for the TV where at least some of the commands are working? And if so, what is the setup code number?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: