JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Few Questions re. Remote Master Program...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RemoteConfiguring

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: A Few Questions re. Remote Master Program... Reply with quote

Hi all.

I've been trying to create a .bin IR configuration file for my Pioneer DVR which currently isn't supported in SlingPlayer, and these forums have been very helpful with describing how to use Remote Master to create the .bin configuration file. I still have a few questions regarding Remote Master, so just thought I'd see if anyone might be able to help.

First, I have a Slingbox Pro, and I'm trying to figure out whether my unit is a JU or PL box. Does anyone know how to determine this on a Slingbox Pro? I found information about using the serial number to determine the IR Blaster version, however my Slingbox Pro's serial number does not fall into any of the categories.

Secondly, I've downloaded Remote Master as well as the database of RDF files, however when I run Remote Master, I don't have the option of selecting a Slingbox PL or Slingbox JU remote in the remote selection dropdown menu. The only Slingbox option that appears is "Slingbox - fake RDF", and when I select this option, an Adelphia remote appears under the "Layout" tab as opposed to a Slingbox remote. Furthermore, the "Export Binary Upgrade..." option under the "Advanced" menu is grayed out. I'm guessing that these two issues may be related, so any information on what I need to do in order to get the Slingbox PL & Slingbox JU remotes to appear in the dropdown menu would be appreciated, as would any information regarding the "Export Binary" option being grayed out. Strangely, when I look inside the RDF folder, there's a "Slingbox.map" file and "Slingbox.jpg" file, and when I open the .jpg file, it does appear to be a Slingbox remote, so I don't know why the Adelphia remote is showing up instead of the Slingbox remote, and why there aren't any Slingbox PL or Slingbox JU options in the dropdown menu.

I already have the device upgrade file for my DVR, so it's just a matter of mapping the functions to the Slingbox remote and then exporting a .bin file.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to help!
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to put the Slingox rdf files in your rdf folder. Some rdf distribution zip files unpacked these OUTSIDE the rdf folder, so you have to move them from the higher-level folder in which the rdf folder resides INTO the rdf folder. Then they should appear in yrou RM drop-down list, and when selected, they will use the correct image and map files, and activate the export binary upgrade function.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
RemoteConfiguring

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. After a little more tinkering on my own, I realized that while I downloaded the map & image files and placed them in the Remote Master directory, I never downloaded the actual RDF files. After doing so, the Slingbox remotes now appear properly, and I now appear to be able to "Export Binary Upgrade".

I still have the question, though, as to whether I should choose the JU, PK, PL, or RV chipset so that the resulting .bin file is compatible with my Slingbox Pro.
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a guide somewhere to determine the type of box that you have (RV is the UK PAL version IIRC) but I never bother. You can create all types, put them in the directory and the Sling setup will load the one it recognises and ignore the others: at least this has been working in the past. You only type in the letter and number, not the file extension, when you load the upgrade.
mikemcgo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Slingbox Pro, and it is a PL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: