JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Macro not executing last command

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VegasGuy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Macro not executing last command Reply with quote

I created a macro for an 8910 that does not execute the last command. However, when I hit the final button manually it works fine. The following is my set up:

TV - Code 0250 Panasonic TV (CT-3269SW)

RCVR/AMP - Code 0135 Onkyo AV Receiver (HT-R510)

SAT - Code 1005 Dishplayer 7200
Changed Button Settings:
8910 < Dishplayer Remote Learned Functions
Channel Up < Scroll Up
Channel Down < Scroll Down
Enter < Personal TV
Fast Forward < Forward
Fast Rewind < Rewind
Forward < 30 Second Forward Skip
Guide < Listings
Menu < Home
Rewind < 7 Second Backward Skip

Macros:
M1 = TV;Power;RCVR/Amp;Power;SAT
M2 = RCVR/Amp;Power;TV;Power;SAT;Power

As you can see above the M1 and M2 both turn on the TV and the RCVR/AMP and then set the SAT button (in a different order). But, the satellite does not turn on when I use the M2 button. Any idea why the satellite does not turn on with the macro but will immediately turn on when I hit the power button manually?
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably repeats, although trying two power's is likely to cause you grief. If you had discrete-on's you could repeat the power-on command with no troubles. But power toggle is going to be a crap-shoot.

Is this the Microsoft-based DishPlayer or one of the Dish based ones? The dish-based ones have discrete on/off in them, check the upgrade sections so you could use those, I know the codes are in the 721 upgrades since I did those ones for my Dish PVR 721. Those codes will work for the 5xx and 6xx dish PVR's as well. Not sure on the Microsoft based DishPlayers

I did an upgrade for the Microsoft based Dishplayers a LONG TIME ago for my RCU810's when I had those and can't remember if I built discrete on/off in those upgrades. You may want to pull those down and see if there are discretes in there and possibly use those.
VegasGuy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the Microsoft-based DishPlayer. The learned IR code for SAT power is:

#1 AirB4-7F.77.BB.77 Device-15 Sub-Device-(null) OBC-7
#2 Dishplayer Device-3 Sub-Device-0 OBC-2

Since I am a newb at this, I have no idea what this means or if this information is useful.
irs009

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could put a Vol+, Vol-, before the power command on M2. That delay should work.

Jack
VegasGuy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, your suggestion to use the volume keys helped, somewhat. Now it has gone from never working to working sometimes. Most frustrating is that it sometimes causes one of the other components to not turn on/off.

I have experimented for the last couple of days since you posted your suggestion. The oddest thing is I made a macro that is simply SAT;Power. It never works. But, I can manually hit the SAT button and then the power button and it works every time. Very odd, very frustrating.

Is this a rare occurrence or have other members had similar experiences?
greenough1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what this is implying is that you need a longer pause. I'm really only familiar with the extended 8910, but I think you can get the pause via the special protocols.

Here's a another test short of that. put in something like 10 (vol+ vol-) pairs, or as many as you can in the macro. test that. If it's reliable, then it's would seem clear that you need a delay.

It the above test is positive, then explore the pause special protocol.

Best,
jeff
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am an advanced beginner, but I have a theory. I've been waiting for an expert to give you some advice, to see if I'm right.

Here's my theory. I don't think a pause is the problem. The only time a pause would be needed is if you are issuing commands to the same piece of equipment.

I tried to find information on the dishplayer but the keymaster sheet didn't have any information. I had a very similar problem with a device that used RC5 protocol. It turned out that this protocol was a toggling protocol, and my macros would work part of the time.

Some protocols use a toggling bit. Each time you press a key, the ir signal changes by a bit. If the device and the remote are out of synch you need to press the key a second time.

On my TV that has a toggling protocol, if someone turns off the TV or changes the channel WITHOUT using the romote, it takes two presses of the remote to get the TV turn on. If you have two devices that use toggling bits in their protocol the remote can get out of synch because the remote only has one protocol toggling flag.

Try this.

1) Turn your dishplayer on with the remote.
2) Then turn it off manually.
3) Try turning it back on with the remote. If it takes 2 presses of the power button you've got a toggling protocol.

edited

Quote:
Jack, your suggestion to use the volume keys helped, somewhat. Now it has gone from never working to working sometimes. Most frustrating is that it sometimes causes one of the other components to not turn on/off.

Now it sounds to me with this second component not turning off, like you may actually have two toggling protocols.
irs009

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion was based on the assumption that you were punching volume controls through to the Sat Device. If that's not the case, I doubt my suggestion would be reliable.

Jack
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I suggest that rather than describing what you are trying to do or what you have done, why don't you just upload your misbehaving IR file to the diagnosis area and post a link to it here. Then folks are less likely to make lots of incorrect assumptions or guesses.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
VegasGuy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got it working. It appears I was placing the time delays with the VPT in the wrong place. I had them before the SAT;Power sequence. They needed to be between, e.g. SAT;Vol+;Vol-;Power.

I still do not understand why the remote does not work with the sequence SAT;Power. One would think that the SAT button in a macro would not interfere with the Power button. But, it works now and any further discussion is for esoteric purposes.

I appreciate all the suggestions and for helping me getting it working.
-Ike
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: