JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

slingbox and GEN IV cctv security system

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeymike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: slingbox and GEN IV cctv security system Reply with quote

i have a slingbox pro (ir blaster ver 2) that i am trying to use to control my security system. the system name is GEN IV (4). i have tried all the "other device" codes with no luck.
i tried loading some software on my pocket pc (TV Remote Controller, Novii remote, and Total remote) to try to generate a code using the original remote. Novii remote learned the codes and will control my cctv, but i cant figure out how to transfer the data to slingbox. Novii generated a *.pdb file extension that i cant open.
here is possibly another glitsch,,, my slingbox is in one room and the GEN IV in another, so i extended the ir cable with some fairly hefty (12 ga) speaker wire. i have no idea of what the range of the length of that cable can be,, so the ir may not even be getting a signal.
any ideas from you folks would be appreciated. i dont need all the functions of the remote. actually,, i would be happy to be able to change the cameras (8) one by one.
oh,, one more thing,, when slingbox tests remote signals on the setup page,, it looks for a signal that turns the unit ON or OFF. this remote does not have an off button.
thanks for your time,
mike
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would need to see what the remote signals look like in order to proceed. So you'll need to find a way to get that info to us. One way would be for you to buy a JP1 remote and cable, another would be to see if a JP1 user would be willing to capture the signals from your remote for you.
mikeymike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just ordered the parts for an ir and rf probe from mouser, 2nd day air, so hopefully by the end of the week,, i can have that info.
i take it that the .pdb file that NOVII generated is not an option to open?
thanks,
mike
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The data that we need is undoubtedly contained in a PDB file somewhere, but at this point in time, nobody has investigated to see what the format of those files is in order to extract the data from it.
mikeymike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotcha,
thanks

IR probe and Digitrace questions moved to here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7981
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: