JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Protocol 00 D0?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jobius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Protocol 00 D0? Reply with quote

I accidentally destroyed my old 15-1994 (sniff!), and replaced it with a 15-2116 that I purchased from our gracious host here. I have an old Emerson EVS4000 video switcher that I was able to control with the 15-1994 using the Cable 0315 code. Unfortunately, the 15-2116 doesn't know that code.

So I thought I'd make an upgrade. According to the Devices4.xls spreadsheet, Cable 0315 uses the 00 D0 protocol. But the keymap-master spreadsheet doesn't seem to know anything about protocol 00 D0. It's not one of the options on the Setup worksheet, and it's not on the Protocols worksheet.

Can anybody help me create an upgrade using this protocol? It only needs four buttons (one for each input on the switcher).
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Armstrong (boy, is he missed!) made this file for 2116, it uses manual settings. Try, it might work. Looks like a replacement for what you're missing
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=808
Make sure to copy the protocol upgrade into IR.

BTW, Devices4.xls has been superceeded by DEVICES.xls
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2039
Jobius

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Thanks, that worked! Reply with quote

Thanks, Elizabeth, that's exactly what I needed. Jon is indeed missed; I wish I could thank him, too.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
BTW, Devices4.xls has been superceeded by DEVICES.xls
I wouldn't say "superceded", exactly. They serve somewhat different purposes.

DEVICES4.xls was a convenient source for listing the actual functions and their EFCs for those known Built-in codes in the RS 15-1994.

DEVICES.xls does NOT provide the actual content of a particular device code as did Devices4.xls, just a listing of built-in device codes for LOTS of UEIC remotes.

I will grant that with the 15-1994 no longer available, that particular spreadsheeet (devices4) is of less utility than it was in the past, since newer devices are not reflected therein, but it still provides a level of detail about built-in setup codes that remains unavailable elsewhere (except for Robman's mind and other resources, of course)

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As soon as I posted about Devices.xls vs Devices4.xls I thought the same thing as Capn Trips mentioned. There were codes in Devices4 that would be useful in a situation such as this.

OT: I didn't mean to invent a word. Spelling appears to be disputable and they forgot to add my version Embarassed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Lists_of_common_misspellings
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?supersede
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: