JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RM: Missing protocols in protocols.ini

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: RM: Missing protocols in protocols.ini Reply with quote

I was working on the KM import utility, and happened to grab a KM import file that uses the NECx2 protocol. This one isn't in protocols.ini. It is commented out, but has actually been deleted. This makes me think we intentionally removed. How should this be handled?
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure wish I knew how to search in CVS across multiple versions. I know I made a version of protocols.ini including correct and tested versions of both NECx1 and NECx2, not commented out. I'm nearly sure I committed those versions in CVS. When I look now they aren't there at all (not even commented out). This has happened several times before with protocols.ini file changes I thought I committed. It's tedious to poke around in different versions trying to find one that includes something, and when I've tried that for missing protocols.ini changes I never succeeded.

I'd like to be able to search the set of all versions for something like "NECx" to find where it first appeared and where it went away.

I think NECx1 and NECx2 should be put back into protocols.ini. I don't remember exactly how I handled them before. But I think they shouldn't have a user selectable parm value. They probably should have a user selectable subdevice value (though subdevice probably always equals device). I think it should have just a fixed byte of fixed data for the byte that in NEC is controlled by "PARM" plus tricky rules.

When I get back to editing protocols.ini some day, I guess I better keep my own backup copy of every version I commit to CVS.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at every version of protocols.ini in CVS, and couldn't find any that had entries for NECx1 or NECx2.

Maybe they got lost before we started using CVS?

I did find some discussion about them in the jp1-km group, around the end of April, which was AFTER we started using CVS. Strange.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I can't access the "browse CVS" option at SourceForge at all. It's been quite a while since I tried. I find the actual CVS inteface even harder than the HTML browse CVS for finding when changes happened, though in this case I assume you know what you're doing, meaning there is no remaining evidence at SourceForge that I ever put in NECx1 or NECx2. (It definitely was well after we started using CVS).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: