JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Closed Caption decoder
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

upload the device upgrade you made for the other device, but don't assign it to a device button. Make sure it has a unique setup code number, and doesn't even have to be as a TV device type. Then on the keymove page in IR, click "add", point to the button you want it on (ie TV_x), down at the bottom have it point to the device type and setup code you created, type in the efc in the box provided for it, efc radio button, then ok.

If that isn't clear enough, Save your IR and post it in diagnosis, and I'll do the moves and reupload it to diagnosis. be sure to tell me which key in TV_0150 you want it on.

Jim
xgamer123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

Many thanks for your help. I've done it and it works as my request.

My key removes memory almost full, but devices memory still have some space. I need to manual arrange memory assignment.

I have one question, if I use extinstall to upload extender.HEX with myeeprom.HEX, do I need to do it every time? Or extender will remain in 24xx EEPROM, and use IR to UP/Download key codes only?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

extinstall does not upload the extender to the remote. It combines the extender with the eeprom image file saved by IR.EXE. After doing that, you can open that file in IR.EXE and change it (more keymoves, macros, device upgrades, etc.) and upload it.

You would not usually need to use extinstall again. Just keep a PC file of your current eeprom image including the extender and all changes you made after the extender. Open that file in IR.EXE as the first step to making any further changes.
xgamer123

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two numbers in EFC Calculator's gray out spaces. My 8017's menu has one example that use 994 function to apply 336 into SAT/0775 Exit key which just match Dishnetwork's Cancel/0x48 command. What is the purpose for this gray out decimal numbers?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you add 256 or 512 to an EFC number you get another EFC number that does exactly the same thing. Even adding 768 is the same as long as the result is just 3 digits.

Most of our tools work generate EFCs just in the range 000 to 255, since that is all you need. UEI publishes EFC numbers with a consistent complex pattern to the meaningless decision of which of the 3 or 4 equal choices to use in each case. The EFC calculator shows you the other choices to make it easier to campare commands with lists from UEI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: