JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need Codes for Captiveworks cw-1000 fta/pvr box for Slingbox

View previous topic :: View next topic  
houdini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Need Codes for Captiveworks cw-1000 fta/pvr box for Slingbox Reply with quote

I have one of the new captiveworks cw-1000 fta/pvr boxes. I haven't been able to create a bin for the slingbox to use. Captiveworks has released a pronto type of file at
http://captiveworks.org/forum/comments.php?CommentID=1423&&Download=cw-1000_remote_codes_pronto_format.zip

I have slingbox ir blaster version 2.0 JU.

I've tried working with decodeccf and rm but can't seem to figure it out. I don't know how to convert this pronto to a useable bin for slingbox. Can anyone help me out on this or point me in the right direction? Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give this a try...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4110
houdini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the KM file, loaded it in RM, switched to the slingbox JU remote, mapped the buttons, and exported as a raw bin file. I put this in my sbav folder and went into the slingbox setup. I selected other under sat/fta receivers and entered the new code. I entered V2000 (because the exported bin file in the sbav folder is V2000_JU.bin) and it said the slingbox cannot load the IR code you selected.

Is this not what I was suppose to try? Did I miss something here?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the code is loaded into RM, try changing the device mode to SAT, which should cause the binary file created to be S2000_JU.bin, and then try proceeding with that file.

Are you 100% positive that you have one of the old JU boxes? You might want to create a PL file also.
houdini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. My slingbox reports IR blaster 2 and not 2.1 I thought that should mean it is JU versus PL but I tried PL and the file loaded ok in slingplayer setup. I've tried it as a SAT and a DVR (S2000, V2000). Both load up fine in slingplayer but the power test button does nothing. I tried fast, medium and slow on both and have two heads of the ir blaster on top and bottom of the cw1000. Even though the power button test did nothing, I tested the other buttons in slingplayer after the setup. I got nothing. Any ideas?

Also, I know my slingbox is working correctly with the 4 headed IR blaster because it is controlling my moto moxi dvr just fine.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to create a new executor (aka Protocol) for the upgrade that I created, so let me try loading it into a remote to test it and if I spot anything wrong with it, I'll re-post it.

When you use the OEM remote, does the PVR respond to quick presses of the buttons or do you have to hold the buttons down for a little bit in order to get the box to respond?
houdini

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The box responds strangely to the oem remote. The ir has a narrow range so you have to point almost directly at the box. Normally you don't have to hold the buttons down long to get a response though. Normal button presses seem fine but while holding a channel up or volume up it doesn't always like to work. In other words..it would move the volume up 1 notch instead of going up until you let go. Sometimes it works as it should though. Again..that goes back to what I said about the box responding strangely to the oem remote.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the bug, it was in the fixed data. It was "00 08" but should have been "00 18". I have reloaded the file so you can try it again.

I have learned the signals using my Pronto and they match the ones posted exactly.
houdini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created the slingbox PL bin and it worked perfectly! Thanks so much. You don't have a paypal account do you? I'd really like to send you a tip.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

houdini wrote:
I created the slingbox PL bin and it worked perfectly! Thanks so much.

Glad it worked for you.
houdini wrote:
You don't have a paypal account do you? I'd really like to send you a tip.

That's very generous. Sure I do, check the link in my sig.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: