JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Prosat sat code? How to get protocol?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xgamer123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Prosat sat code? How to get protocol? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm looking for Prosat satellite IRD remote control code set. I can get each key code when I press it to Girder.exe. Girder.exe shows up these key in two bytes format. I know the second byte is key code in HEX. The only weird code is first byte. It toggle 07 / 05 at each key press. i.e. first press on power = 075e , then next press = 055e, then third press = 075e...

I want to set this code into URC-8017. But I don't have protocol & fixed data & device ID to let JP1 work. Can anyone give me a clue how to get it, or send me Prosat satellite IRD's remote code?

TIA
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know enough about Girder to answer that for sure (I have a guess below), but you have the tools you need to solve it anyway.

There aren't too many toggle protocols and RC-5 is the most common.

Either look up some RC-5 setup codes in the devices spreadsheet, or for more control just create an RC-5 setup code with KM or RM with known device numbers and OBC numbers.

Put that setup code in the 8017 and learn a few signals from the 8017 to the Girder. Examine Girder's hex based on the known RC5 signals you tested with. You should see how the Girder represents the RC-5 device number and OBC, which viewed backwards tells you what sort of signal the Prosat remote sent.

If you can't make out the pattern, post some Girder values and what signals (protocol, device and OBC) produced them and someone will solve it.

My guess is RC-5 device 10. The 075e and 055e have the bit pattern for device 10 when viewed in the most plausible interpretation, and I have files for several different brands of DSS that use RC5 device 10.
xgamer123

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your quick reply.

johnsfine wrote:

Either look up some RC-5 setup codes in the devices spreadsheet, or for more control just create an RC-5 setup code with KM or RM with known device numbers and OBC numbers.

Put that setup code in the 8017 and learn a few signals from the 8017 to the Girder. Examine Girder's hex based on the known RC5 signals you tested with. You should see how the Girder represents the RC-5 device number and OBC, which viewed backwards tells you what sort of signal the Prosat remote sent.

I've got device code:0207 key:07 5e from Girder's LUA log. I'm wonder I've tried SatCruiser's RC and Prosat's RC and others. It all shows same device code.

johnsfine wrote:

If you can't make out the pattern, post some Girder values and what signals (protocol, device and OBC) produced them and someone will solve it.

My guess is RC-5 device 10. The 075e and 055e have the bit pattern for device 10 when viewed in the most plausible interpretation, and I have files for several different brands of DSS that use RC5 device 10.

What and how to get accurate protocol, device value for you?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On second thought, I think Girder might not be good enough to do that decent a job with RC5.

Jon is correct that anything else Girder tells you about the signal would really help narrow it down, but I'm guessing it doesn't tell you much more, so I think the experimental approach is better: Shoot known signals at Girder and see what it makes of them and adjust the signals until correct.

The next most likely protocol is Recs80(45). I think you'll need RemoteMaster for that. I don't think KM does it very well. If that is the protocol then the device number is 5. Try making an upgrade with RM for RECS80(45) device 5 and see what Girder makes of the signals (RECS80 does not have the features of RC5 that I think are likely to confuse Girder).
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xgamer123 wrote:

I've got device code:0207 key:07 5e from Girder's LUA log. I'm wonder I've tried SatCruiser's RC and Prosat's RC and others. It all shows same device code.

What and how to get accurate protocol, device value for you?

My best guess is that "device code:0207" won't have any useful information in it.

Do you have a JP1 cable and is your 8017 already modified for JP1 and do you know how to create and install upgrades?

If yes to all of those, I was suggesting you learn some signals from the 8017 to the Girder where we know exactly what the signals are. Then see what Girder reports for those signals. Then we can understand the way that Girder is reporting the signals.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
The next most likely protocol is Recs80(45). I think you'll need RemoteMaster for that. I don't think KM does it very well.
KM has RECS80 (45), and it produces exactly the same output as RM when using OBC's (EFC's can't be used with this protocol in KM).
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, sorry to have done a stealth post but I didn't see yours until I had posted mine and I figured, as usual, you were way ahead of me; so I didn't want to confuse the issue and deleted it. I agree the experimental method you have suggested will be the most promising.

I still can't figure out anything, even re-arranging the bit barriers to get that to RC5, but maybe I'm just being obtuse.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
KM has RECS80 (45), and it produces exactly the same output as RM when using OBC's (EFC's can't be used with this protocol in KM).

Sorry. I don't mean to keep maligning KM that way. I remembered that people had needed to use the pid-0045 method at some point in the past and I hadn't noticed that you fixed that.

If I was creating this upgrade with KM, I wouldn't at all mind being forced to use OBC, but I'm curious: Is this 6-bit MSB comp form so rare that KM lacks the ability to do EFC to OBC conversion for it?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
If I was creating this upgrade with KM, I wouldn't at all mind being forced to use OBC, but I'm curious: Is this 6-bit MSB comp form so rare that KM lacks the ability to do EFC to OBC conversion for it?
No... it's just that the guy who maintains KM was lazy when he implemented the RECS80 protocols and took the easy way out! Shocked
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon_armstrong wrote:

I still can't figure out anything, even re-arranging the bit barriers to get that to RC5, but maybe I'm just being obtuse.

You're not being obtuse. I was leaping to unsupported conclusions. Since RC5 is the most likely toggling protocol and assuming that Girder couldn't read it very well, I just ignored any aspect that didn't fit (blamed such on Girder errors) and guessed what the fitting part might mean. That still might be right.

I have no CCF data on any SAT device using RECS80, and RECS80 isn't very common (BTW, is this thread about a Canadian device? where RECS80 is even less common). But, I assume you agree that 075e/055e is a decent fit for RECS80:

1 T 101 011110

So that would be device 5, command 30 (which is the Menu command for the Proceed Preamplifier PAV/PDSD, but that doesn't prove it isn't this signal as well).
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
... Since RC5 is the most likely toggling protocol and ... That still might be right ... But, I assume you agree that 075e/055e is a decent fit for RECS80:

1 T 101 011110

So that would be device 5, command 30 (which is the Menu command for the Proceed Preamplifier PAV/PDSD, but that doesn't prove it isn't this signal as well).

I do agree with both points and it is probably worth "xgamer123" testing RECS80:5:30 to see if that is the power command.

If that works, "xgamer123", you can convert the last two hex digits (5E in the case of power) convert to decimal=94 and subtract 64 ==> 30 decimal = OBC.
xgamer123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all of you guys.

I've tried some test follow by your help. The RECS80 (45), device 5, makes good 1st byte from 8017 to Girder which toggle 07xx / 05xx. But HEX command bytes only between 0x62~0x69 for all buttons. And, about device 5, command 30. I can select device 5 in KM, but how to select command 30?

I've tested NEC type that let 8017 sends accurate 2nd bytes same as original RC.

Any idea to combine toggle bit with NEC's HEX data?

PS. I've tested 0x62~0x69 HEX command that all work on my Prosat satellite IRD. We are almost close to there, man...
xgamer123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon_armstrong wrote:

I do agree with both points and it is probably worth "xgamer123" testing RECS80:5:30 to see if that is the power command.

If that works, "xgamer123", you can convert the last two hex digits (5E in the case of power) convert to decimal=94 and subtract 64 ==> 30 decimal = OBC.

jon_armstrong,
This time you have touchdown in goal. Laughing

I calculated OBC=030 => HEX=84/EFC=238, then manual updated RECS80's data set in IR. This individual Power button works! Under all I have tested, should I calculate each key? or other settings that I can import original HEX key data in to KM? This will not confuse ppls if I post my file into file section.

One more thing, I'm using CBL/SAT code:1601 for Prosat satellite IRD. Anyone now this is an acceptable code that JP1 group will use it?
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is safer to convert each key learned in Girder by my method (convert to decimal and subtract 64) to calculate OBC. You should be able to directly enter OBC into KM or RM.

SAT_1601 looks fine, it appears not to be used otherwise.
xgamer123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when I enter OBC into KM, HEX won't change, and copy/paste to IR still remain old HEX code. That's why I manual inputted into IR device code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: