JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Advent TV, code problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Advent TV, code problems Reply with quote

Newbie here, steered here by a member. Read the FAQ so I think I have it right. Smile

I have a new ReplayTV 5508 with a JP1 remote. The Replay lists 0761 for Advent TVs. I have a new Advent 27" HDTV model HT2751A and the Replay JP1 remote takes the code (right flashes of the LED etc.) but does not control the Advent.

Has anyone had experience with these devices? I've looked in the forums and the crossref list, no dice.

Thank you for your help.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitty,

Welcome to JP1. Kitty is an expert over at the PRISIMIQ forum and I was bragging there about the virtues of OFA/JP1 remotes. The PRISIMIQ is a media player that can play MP3's, MPEG's, DIVX, VOB's and other formats over a network from remote servers.

Kitty, after our exchange over there I looked and the only Advent TV that I could find beyond TV_0761, was in our JP1 Yahoo files. Does TV_0761 not work at all, or are some of the buttons were wrong? While both setup codes (TV_0716 and the device upgrade in the files) use the same protocol, NECx2:8, the OBC's are different.

Try setup code TV_0180 and see if that works. That is very close to the device upgrade in the files.

If that doesn't work and no one else here has that exact model, you may need a learning remote with JP1 to learn a few commands from the OEM remote and we can then decode those learned commands and create a device upgrade.

The good news is that I already have the device and protocol upgrades for the PRISIMIQ.
Kitty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jon. I retried 0761 and tried 0180 with no effect.

I am suspecting thee is some code overlap between the native Replay control code and the TV though. In either case, when I use the replay remote to enter a channel number, the TV channel number on screen indicator comes on but does not pick up the replay numbers (a few seconds later the replay will change the channel). Wierd.

I'm starting to suspect that I'll have to but a OFA remote and learn what the Advent likes - I'll wait to see if anyone here has run across this before.

Thank you for all the help!
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitty,

I just double-checked and the ONLY commands that are active and control the TV are TV Power, Vol+/-, and Mute buttons. Any other command is a ReplayTV command. The Vol+/- and Mute will always be the TV commands.

So with that in mind, try the TV Power toggle key and the other three commands with both TV_0761 and TV_0180. Both are NECx1:8 (protocol:device) but have different OBC's. Right now I am just trying to nail down which if either of those command sets your Advent HDTV responds to.

If you have already tried those buttons and nothing works, then you will need an OFA learning remote and JP1 cable, so you can learn the commands in order to create a device upgrade. Once we figure out what protocol/device it uses, we can also tell you how to search for discrete commands for things like On only and Off only, Video 1,2,3 ... if they exist. There are discrete power commands for the Replay and IIRC there are a few more commands available that aren't on the OEM remote.

With a JP1 cable AND the extender, you can redefine the way the R5K remote works and fully control both devices.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: