JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Directv Protocol for URC-10820

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobshults2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Directv Protocol for URC-10820 Reply with quote

I would like to build a device upgrade for my Directv HR20 HD DVR to be used on a URC-10820 JP1.2 remote. The Directv protocol (PID 01 62) is not currently supported for JP1.2 remotes in either KM or RM. Can I create the requred protocol update myself and, if so, how?
EZ Ed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Directv Protocol for URC-10820 Reply with quote

bobshults2 wrote:
I would like to build a device upgrade for my Directv HR20 HD DVR to be used on a URC-10820 JP1.2 remote. The Directv protocol (PID 01 62) is not currently supported for JP1.2 remotes in either KM or RM. Can I create the requred protocol update myself and, if so, how?

This one worked for me.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2956
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bob's problem is NOT in locating a suitable device upgrade. It is in the fact that neither KM nor RM can generate the correct PROTOCOL upgrade (yet?) when you select one of the new JP1.2 remotes like the 10820.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
bobshults2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Capn Trips, you're exactly right.
jetskier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried to learn any of the OEM remote into the 10820 to see if it breaks it down to another protocol that can be used to build a new upgrade? This happened when I changed from the 8810w to the 10820. The special "Dish Network Combo" no longer was supported for JP1.2, but the "Dish Network" protocol worked great even with the PVR functions. In the old days, the "Dish Network" protocol failed to control the PVR functions without the special protocol.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put this thread on my to-do list on Tuesday, but some weeks things just don't move toward the getting done end of that list.

We really should have one of the experts add the correct info to protocols.ini so RM can generate Directv upgrades in a more understandable way AND include support for JP1.2 models.

I'm the logical person to do that and still hope to, but usually I fail to get to such things and Rob finds time.
jetskier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
I put this thread on my to-do list on Tuesday, but some weeks things just don't move toward the getting done end of that list.

You must be retired... Very Happy
bobshults2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John. Thanks for looking into this. I'm a patient man so you don't need to hurry on my account. You, no doubt, have plenty of other things to keep you occupied. I expect many could benefit from addition of Directv protocol support to RM. I know I would.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to take me quite a bit more tweaking before I'm ready to release this (as a new DecodeIR.dll and protocols.ini and MakeHex.zip). But I have something that works:

Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 62 (HCS08) DTV (PB v4.00)
20 06 17 2F 11 08 0B B8 04 60 0E 45 23 46 02 60
03 45 21 43 35 A7 CD FF 6E 4F BE 61 3A A2 58 24
04 BB A2 BB A2 58 24 02 BB A2 3B A2 EF 48 48 48
48 B7 62 AD 3E 4E 60 A2 AD 25 4E 61 A2 AD 1E 4E
62 A2 AD 1B AD 1B 45 05 DC 35 6A 45 39 6C 00 60
03 45 10 68 CD FF 74 CD FF 92 25 D7 81 AD 00 AD
00 45 01 2C 35 6C 38 A2 24 03 45 02 58 35 6A 38
A2 24 05 45 02 58 35 6C AE 6A CC FF 65
End

In RemoteMaster you can load that KM upgrade, then change the remote to 10820, and ignore a couple error prompts, then fix the buttons sheet to map the functions where you want them. Then go to the output tab and ignore another error prompt. Install the device upgrade from RM and the protocol upgrade above, and I think it will all work (I did that and CaptureIR is happy with the results).

Please report back any results.
bobshults2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it works just fine. I will continue to test the device upgrade by using it for a while. I edited the Directv section of my RM protocols.ini by adding the new protocol info you supplied. Then I built the device upgrade selecting the URC-10820 and the Directv protocol. Copied both the device upgrade and protocol upgrade to ir70(beta2) in the normal way. Looks good. Thanks so much for your help, John. I will provide feedback if I encounter any problems.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got around to checking in my protocols.ini changes for this (to SourceForge, so they will be in the next release Greg does. Greg, no rush required for that).

Since DirecTV was already in KM and RM, I left the "Parm" value named "Parm" and entered as a number. I added notes explaining how Parm is computed by selecting one of three frequencies and one of two lead-out values.

RM is designed to avoid needing complicted notes like that. Instead the protocols.ini entry can allow direct specification of the three different frequency values and the two different lead-out time and then compute the appropriate two bit and one bit fields of fixed data itself.

If I was setting up DirecTV in protocols.ini from scratch in protocols.ini, I would have done it that way, because that would be easier for future users. But I don't know enough of the compatibility issues with KM and with existing upgrades.

Greg, if you think the compatibility issues would be small (between KM still using "Parm" and RM using a three-way pull down for frequency and a two-way pull down for lead-out) then one of us should make that change.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can create an import translator for RM importing KM upgrades that use Parm after RM has been changed to use Frequqency and Lead-out.

Dealing with existing RM upgrades is another problem, and is actually harder to deal with automatically. But there's only one RM DirecTV upgrade in the file section (and only 3 KM upgrades), so if we have to we can just manually convert those.

I say we make the change.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
We can create an import translator for RM importing KM upgrades that use Parm after RM has been changed to use Frequqency and Lead-out.

I don't want to make too big an isue regarding a minor protocol, but I'd like to understand this for other protocols as well.

The KM .txt files I've looked at include the raw upgrade, including the fixed data. It also identifies the remote so RM could deduce the variant if the upgrade uses a built-in PID.

RM already includes code that can find the fixed data in a raw upgrade, and code that can identify the protocols.ini entry and parameter values from the PID:variant and fixed data.

Do we need an import translator as well? Can't RM use the above info to deduce everything?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
The KM .txt files I've looked at include the raw upgrade, including the fixed data. It also identifies the remote so RM could deduce the variant if the upgrade uses a built-in PID.

RM already includes code that can find the fixed data in a raw upgrade, and code that can identify the protocols.ini entry and parameter values from the PID:variant and fixed data.

Do we need an import translator as well? Can't RM use the above info to deduce everything?
I suppose I could make RM work that way, but it doesn't currently. It uses the remote name and protocol name to find the protocol, then uses the device parameters to generate the fixed data.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: