JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Insignia 13" TV/DVD Combo - unknown protocol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
us035976

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Insignia 13" TV/DVD Combo - unknown protocol. Reply with quote

I have a OFA URC9910B01 remote that I have learned buttons from a remote for my Insignia 13" TV/DVD Combo.

I am using IR.exe v 6.20 and when I downloaded from the remote the codes for all the 'Learned Signals' have a protocol like "Gap-526-3731-17?". The second group has the numbers 500, 502 or 526 in it and in the third group the numbers range in the 3730's - 3740's with the last group always 17?. The Device, Sub-Device, OBC, HexCmd, EFC and Misc. columns are all their defaults or blank and the same for all the learned buttons.

This doesn't match what I found in the Beginners file under How Do You Create An Upgrade From Scratch?, where it talks about decoding the learned signals. There it shows a protocol and then actual data in the Device, Sub-Device, OBC, HexCmd, EFC and Misc. columns.

Help!!!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This means you have found a protocol that we don't know about. Please learn as many buttons as you can, including the numeric buttons, and post your IR file for us to look at.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it is a protocol we don't know yet and this haven't added to DecodeIR.dll and probably haven't added to RM or KM either.

Maybe you are doing something systematically wrong in learning. Probably not, because I wouldn't expect that -17? part to be consistent for learning errors.

Anyway the best thing to do is upload a .ir file containing those learned signals to our diagnosis are and post the URL back here.

One of the experts will help.
us035976

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: IR file uploaded Reply with quote

I uploaded the IR file to http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3782

Thanks for any help.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, do you recognise it or have any good ideas?

The burst right before the lead-out is confusing the generic decoder (so the "Gap" decode is less informative than usual). I also don't recall whether/how that can be done in an upgrade using the basic IR engine. Of course one can always do an upgrade that doesn't use the basic IR engine.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of a way to do it without adding some assembler. I think you would have to treat that pair as the leadout, which would let you use the IR engine for the bulk of the signal, then you would have to send the real leadout manually using assembler, and then do the whole "is the button held" test.
us035976

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anything I can do (or re-do) to help you at all?

Rich
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you didn't capture all of the buttons, can you grab the rest of them now, and use the Notes box for buttons that have different names (eg, Angle, etc).

I have all the info I need to write an executor for you, and I may have some spare time today.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created an executor and upgrade for this unit.

Once I examined the learned signals a bit closer, I noticed that the TV and DVD functions use different device codes, so in addition to a regular version of the executor, I went ahead and created a combo version, so you now have the choice of whether you want to use seperate upgrades for the TV and DVD functions, or whether you want one upgrade that combines all of the functions.

There are 3 files in the zip, one for just the TV functions, one for just the DVD functions and another that combines them all. If you go with seperate upgrades, even though both KM files will offer you a protocol upgrade, you only need to copy it once.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3784
us035976

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!!!! That was fast.

I was able to get it working with all the learned buttons I had included. How can I go about adding more learned buttons? I learned some more buttons but there doesn't seem to be a way to add them anywhere.

I'm planning on using the TV/DVD combo file. that way I don't have to switch between the 2 modes.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would have to post a second IR file containing the rest of the learned buttons and I will translate them into OBCs for you.
us035976

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rest of what I need is at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3789

If it means anything the 'Enter' key learned signal from before can be deleted. It is a duplicate of the sleep key.

Rich[/url]
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have added the new codes and updated the zip file.
us035976

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob, it is working fine.

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: