JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

deleting a key function

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zellarman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: deleting a key function Reply with quote

I'm using a URC8910 remote to control an Adcom GTP-500II preamp/tuner, and through the use of RM have successfully made subtle changes to the upgrade by Robman, code 0319. BUT, despite deleting functions associated with the "0" and "9" buttons in RM, I can't seem to get the desired "not mapped" for those two buttons in IR. Robman's upgrade assigns the 1 function to the 0 button, and the 8 function to the 9 button, I'm guessing this is because my dilemma is the same for everyone else, but hoping not. Is there a way simple enough for a fresh newbie to 'null' these two keys? The key/function assignment seems logical if the buttons can't be nulled, better than the power function that IR seems to be defaulting to for some reason.

ALSO, I've searched for discrete on & off commands for this same Adcom pre-amp to no avail, does anyone know if such exists?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: deleting a key function Reply with quote

Zellarman wrote:
despite deleting functions associated with the "0" and "9" buttons in RM, I can't seem to get the desired "not mapped" for those two buttons in IR.

Correct. The built-in design of upgrades prevents that.

Zellarman wrote:
Is there a way simple enough for a fresh newbie to 'null' these two keys?

Nothing simple.

What behavior is OK:

A) The LCD indicator of sending something comes on, and a signal is sent, but it is one the device ignores. Maybe you can find some OBC number the device ignores and program that. Otherwise program two keymoves for some built-in setup code that doesn't correspond to any device you own.

B) The LCD indicator of sending something comes on, but nothing is actually sent. A swtrange KeyMove, such as a DSM could be used to override the upgrade and achieve that.

C) The LCD indicator of sending something doesn't even come on. For that I think you'd need to leave digits out of the upgrade entirely, then override the other eight digits with keymoves.
Zellarman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A) The LCD indicator of sending something comes on, and a signal is sent, but it is one the device ignores. Maybe you can find some OBC number the device ignores and program that. Otherwise program two keymoves for some built-in setup code that doesn't correspond to any device you own.

seems to be the easiest way to go. Thanks for your help.

Anyone have Adcom power discetes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: