JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Apex GB4308 (or any Apex Projection) codes..learning no help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flight23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Apex GB4308 (or any Apex Projection) codes..learning no help Reply with quote

I have an Apex GB-4308 Projection TV and I have tried to use the learn function for my 15-2107 remote and that works fine. Then I d/l the info to IR and I look at the learned functions and it doesnt give me any info on the protocol etc... so I cannot program them... Ive searched for if anyone has figured this out and I havent seen anything. Nobody seems to have posted much info on Apex TVs at all. I looked at the files on the JP1 group and the Apex TV files do not contain any info for things like 'recall/jump/last' or for the '+100' key which is pretty much a necessity for this tv.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you put the dump from your remote up in the Diagnosis Area on JP1 at yahoo groups, someone can look at it more closely.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you must be missing the DecodeIR.dll file or have that file somewhere that IR.EXE can't find it.

There are protocols that DecodeIR.dll doesn't understand, but I think it is quite unlikely that an Apex TV uses such a protocol.

Greg is correct about the Diagnosis folder. If it were a protocol DecodeIR.dll doesn't understand, that's the way to get an expert to figure it out. If not then anyone with DecodeIR.dll in the right place can tell you what it decodes as.

A "dump from your remote" is the file created from IR.EXE's file/save command after download from the remote.
flight23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the responses.

Actually I found out that the protocol NEC1, Main Device 64 with EFC code 059 does control the +100 function.

I found that out by loading the code files for two of the apex TVs from the JP1 Files (the apex GTTV file is some weird Aiwa protocol and doesnt work).

Anyhow I realized that the reason I thought they werent working was because the keymapper program is applying the 059 code to the 'Enter' button on my 15-2107 remote instead of to the '+100' key like it should. I have changed the 'remote' type on the 'setup' page of keymapper to my remote and it still does this. It does it when I use *either* of the two Apex files from the JP1 site. I cannot figure out how to have the Fav+100 key on my remote take that 059 function instead of having it go to the 'Enter' key.
flight23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I figured it out.. only one of the 3 apex TV files works with my TV and remote. Smile
Is there a way to edit a filename on the JP1 files, because the Apex K12B-C2 file works well with the Apex GB4308 projection TV and I bet with most Apex projection TVs.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flight23 wrote:
Anyhow I realized that the reason I thought they werent working was because the keymapper program is applying the 059 code to the 'Enter' button on my 15-2107 remote instead of to the '+100' key like it should. I have changed the 'remote' type on the 'setup' page of keymapper to my remote and it still does this. It does it when I use *either* of the two Apex files from the JP1 site. I cannot figure out how to have the Fav+100 key on my remote take that 059 function instead of having it go to the 'Enter' key.

I'm confused. Confused

I opened the "Apex_TV_Remote_K12B-C2.txt" file in KM and changed the remote to the 15-2107 (you must ALWAYS select the proper remote in KM or the upgrade code will not be correct for your remote - upgrades are remote-specific). Anyway, the function named "+100" (EFC=059) is assigned to the "+100" button on the Buttons sheet. The "Enter" button contains no entry at all.

Are you saying that when you copy the code into IR and upload it to the remote, the "+100" button doesn't do anything, but the "Enter" button does?
flight23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was more just a combination of errors.
First I loaded up the other Apex file (the one with three TVs listed) and I switched the remote to my remote in KM and when transferred to my remote via IR it mapped the +100 key to my Enter key.

Then I loaded up the K12B-C2 file and forgot to change the remote to my remote. By coincidence that meant that the default remote for that file mapped the +100 key to my enter key as well. As such I thought I was doing something wrong both times... but then I tried again after posting and realized my mistake and now it works perfectly.

Now my only problem is that I cant get macros to work with my remote *unless* I put them on the Macro keys (M1/M2/M3). I thought one of the benefits of JP1 was so that you could make non-macro keys perform macros.. is it just my remote?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's saying that he just copied the code "as is" without changing the button assignments and just expected the "+100" function to magically find it's way to the +100 button.

The answer to this is that it doesn't work like that. Whoever created this upgrade was probably using a remote that doesn't have a +100 button, so they decided that the ENTER button was as good a place as any to assign the function. However, when you customise the upgrade for your remote, it's up to you to check the button assignments still make sense to you.

Also, just out of curiosity, have you tried the built in TV/0156 code, as listed here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/ofa/codes-tv.shtml#tv
flight23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Robman,

Well, youre partially right. I didnt 'expect' the +100 button to jump to the right place, except when the +100 button was available, which it was with the two remote presets I loaded up. However, in one case for some reason it just mapped the +100 to the Enter key, even though there was a '+100' button labeled and an 'Enter' key labelled. In the second case I just forgot to switch the remote type to my remote and so it happened to map that key to the enter key but once I changed the remote type to my remote it mapped it perfectly.

I tried the 156 code which is actually a toshiba code I believe.. it works for basic functions such as changing channels and volume etc but does not work for other buttons like the menu, arrow keys, +100 button, jump button, etc.

Anyhow I now have it working nearly flawlessly for my Onkyo TXSR600 receiver, Toshiba SD2200 DVD, and Apex GB4308 tv but am starting to learn about macros... seems like my remote can only assign macros to the 3 macro keys which kind of sucks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flight23 wrote:
Hey Robman,

Well, you're partially right. I didnt 'expect' the +100 button to jump to the right place, except when the +100 button was available, which it was with the two remote presets I loaded up. However, in one case for some reason it just mapped the +100 to the Enter key, even though there was a '+100' button labeled and an 'Enter' key labelled.

That's exactly what I was assuming. My point is that KM doesn't try to assign buttons for you, even if the name of the function exactly matches the name of an available button, it's a manual process.

The reason the +100 function ended up on the ENTER button was because the person who created the upgrade put it there. When you load up someone else's upgrade into KM, it's your responsibilty to not only change the selected remote to the remote that you are using, but also to check if the button assignments are satisfactory. If they are not, you can re-arrange them to suit your taste.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: