JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Macro run from different device modes, how to restore mode??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aclinml

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Macro run from different device modes, how to restore mode?? Reply with quote

I'm running Extender #2 on a Cinema 7 URC-7800.

I have a macro that can be executed in different device modes (M_TV, M_VCR, etc.) The macro will execute a keymove from the tv. So the macro would look something like this..... M_TV, channel up.

Now my problem is I need to restore the device mode (M_xx) to what it was before the macro was executed, but it might have been executed in vcr mode (M_VCR) or dvd (M_DVD) or cbl/sat (M_CBL). Is there a way to be able to store the device mode when the macro is executed, and restore it at the end of the macro?

Thanks,
Mike
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I'm not familiar with that remote and extender, it appears (reading the readme) that it is a somewhat different extender than the ones with which I AM familiar, in that it does nto have a facility for temporary device selection (like the 1994, 2116 and 8910 extenders do).

I would suggest that your only workaround would be to use the DSM special protocol, and create separate macros in each device mode, with a last step restoring your desired device assignment(s).

I don't know how your memory usage is, but that ought to work.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips basically answered what the 7800 constraints are: no temporary device, no nested macros, no x-shift.

Are you saying you have some common macro at the end of some/all device macros, and when you reach the end of the device macro you need to restore it to the device that triggered the macro?
And the problem is you don't know which M-key set to specify?

What about creating keymoves, instead, in each device mode, on the same button. Let's say on shift-9. Then if at the end of that common macro shift-9 would do the signal without changing that M-setting.
If what's now a macro "M_TV;ch+" would be several keymoves just using TV/ch+ on VCR/shift-9, TV/shift9, DVD/shift9, RCVR/shift9 ... is that what you're after, conceptually?

It might help if you post your IR file, but tell here exactly what to expect, because I'm not sure I understand the question yet.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I understand the question.

He's in a device mode, say M_VCR (or M_DVD or M_CBL).

He wants a universal macro to execute for example M_TV, Channel +. This has the unfortunate side effect of leaving the M_buttons in TV mode.

He wants the remote to return to the M_VCR (or M_DVD or M_CBL) button setting, which would require an instance of M_VCR (or M_DVD or M_CBL) as the last step of the macro.

Hence, he needs different macros for each case of starting device mode.

Hence I recommend DSM (I'm unfamiliar with the 7800's DSM protocol, but I saw that ther IS one in the file section.)

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
He wants a universal macro to execute for example M_TV, Channel +. This has the unfortunate side effect of leaving the M_buttons in TV mode.

That's how I was reading it but can't be sure. If channel or any SINGLE button is the issue, I'd go the keymove route as you suggest. If channel was an example, but he needs several commands to be set, DSMs are the answer. Unfortunately they have to built as keymoves, not the simplest thing in the world.

Mike, if you go the DSM route, on the keymove sheet use the hex list of buttons listed in the 7800ext RDF file because you can't use the Special Protocols sheet. Have fun Twisted Evil

There's DSM and LKP in one package. There's also DSM alone which can use the SP sheet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: