JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

can saved jp1 data be mapped into girder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: can saved jp1 data be mapped into girder Reply with quote

when you save a jp1 file from your 8910 or any other remote can it be implemented in the Girder program
to map out all the devices and keys otherwise be a real pain doing all 8 modes pressing one key at a time
Girder use the map extentsion for keystrokes while the jp1 program saves it as an ir extension instead
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have a tool to do it as the main goal of this forum is to get people's remotes working. If anybody was likely to write such a tool, I would think it would be the people over in the Girder forums.

If such a tool were to be written, I would imagine that it would use the KM and RM files as it's input, rather than an IR file.
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thanks anyway tried the Girder forum will try the km or rm then
on another matter discovered can't download from the remote anymore even thouggh it acts like it nothing shows up in the ir window anymore
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Girder user, I would recommend that you start a new thread in one of the Girder forums to see if any of their software developers would be willing to create a tool that would convert a KM or RM file into a Girder file. If they need help understanding the format of these files, you should tell them to come back here and we'll help them.

As for your other issue, you should start a new thread, providing more info than you did here, as this issue will go un-noticed in a thread about Girder.
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: mapping the keys Reply with quote

Can anbody help me in making a keymap file that thencan be imported into the Girder program thus eliminating the need to press all tthe keystrokes there again as well
I have a Oneforall 8910 and have 8 devices already programed in
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you program the 8 devices? KM and RM are our only upgrade editors, so you must have used one or the other already.

If you're using built in codes and have never worked with an upgrade before, read this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/

But regardless, this is all pointless if you haven't already found someone from the Girder world who's willing to write a program to convert the file into something tha Girder can use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: