JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sporadic Success Learning Codes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaines

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Sporadic Success Learning Codes Reply with quote

I'm trying to build my first upgrade for my URC-9910 using the learning function, but it seems to work fine sometimes and other times it seems to have trouble figuring out what the code should be.

For instance, below are a couple of examples when I was learning the channel up/down buttons on my Sony VCR remote. The top part of the screen shot is when it learned it incorrectly. The bottom part is when it seemed to do it correctly.

Could this just be a matter of how long I hold the button and how close I put the remotes to each other when I'm learning the code, or is there something else going on here?

{screen shots deleted - Rob}
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't post screen captures. Upload your .IR file to the Diagnosis Area (in the File Section), then post a link to it here. That gives us WAY more information than a bunch of screen captures.

Did you use the correct learning procedure?
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
gaines

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 9910 is a LCD display remote so those instructions don't apply, but I am following the instructions for this model remote.

Unfortunately I didn't dump the raw data for those remote downloads. I will upload some dumps as I continue trying to learn codes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gaines

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have uploaded a zip of my current IR file. I tried learning buttons 1-6 from my vcr remote with mixed results.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3401

I can see how to add functions to RM if the learned key shows a EFC/OBC/Hex, but I don't know how to incorporate the learned key into my upgrade if it doesn't show that information.

Note: For anyone who might be able to help but doesn't understand how to read the dump file (like myself) the screenshots which I linked that Rob took off my post (not sure why) are below.

http://kergosien.net/gaines/Error-CH+.jpg
http://kergosien.net/gaines/Error-CH-.jpg
http://kergosien.net/gaines/Error-VOL+.jpg
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can load your .IR files into IR and see everything in your screen captures, and more.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
gaines

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. Gotcha.

Here's a new IR upload. This is where I was learning the codes for my Infocus Screenplay 4805. All of the buttons but one seemed to learn fine. One of the directional buttons didn't come through though.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3402
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try relearning it?

I manually decoded that bad learn on TV:UP. It has an OBC number of 19.

Since I gave you the OBC, you don't need to relearn, but for future reference, that kind of mislearn is typically caused by moving the remotes while learning. Both remotes should be on a firm surface for learning. Don't try to learn holding the remotes in your hands.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaines wrote:
I have uploaded a zip of my current IR file. I tried learning buttons 1-6 from my vcr remote with mixed results.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3401

The bad learns from that file are:

VCR:Power Looks like the batteries in the source remote weren't good enough to learn from, but I'm not at all sure. Try again with better batteries.

TV:Stop Also looks like the batteries in the source remote. There might be enough there for a hand decode (haven't tried yet) but relearning should be easier.

TV:Menu The Sony12 decode is correct. Ignore the rest.

TV:Pause More battery problems.

TV:Prev You sure have a strange mix of learns here. Are these from multiple original devices? It's easier to figure these things out if you know which learns are from the same device.

TV:3 Looks like battery problems again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: