JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Want to use my 8810 with Sage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Want to use my 8810 with Sage Reply with quote

I made a JP1 connector and tested successfully with IR.exe. I don't really need ton control any devices other than my Sage at present. What's the best way to get this to work? I have a situation where it seems that some of the buttons like FFwd and others are not programmed correctly right now.

Remote: URC8810w
USB-UIRT receiver.
SageTV 5.0.4

Does anyone know some specific codes I should program or have a similar setup I can upload to my remote via the JP1? Thanks a bunch! -Tal

[b]Edit:/[b] I do have an Infocus ScreenPlay 5000 projector and an RCA RT2600 that I would like to add to the remote if it's not too difficult. All this keymap and upgrades and protocols stuff is confusing me.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Want to use my 8810 with Sage Reply with quote

Tal wrote:
All this keymap and upgrades and protocols stuff is confusing me.

We need to work on that before you can do anything else with JP1. Have you read the following document:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/

If so, which part didn't you understand?

Once you know what to do, you will find that you have all the tools you need right there in your hands to capture the signals from your original remotes and create new upgrades, assuming we don't already have upgrades in the file section.
Tal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I think I understand the tools a bit now. My only problem is that I don't have a "remote" for Sage to learn from. I guess I am looking for a device code maybe that would make all the buttons work on the remote with the USBUIRT so I can progam them with SAGE.

Thanks for the link BTW.

EDIT: I loaded an RCA Ultimate TV upgrade in KM and selected my remote from the drop down. I can't map buttons and the layout still shows the wrong remote. Am I doing something wrong?
Tal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've gotten almost every button programmed and working. I've still got one problem. I have two buttons that are doubled up. (IE: Info is the same code as Select, and Menu and Guide send the same code as well) Question is what's the easiest way to simply program those two buttons with different codes? Thanks!
irs009

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using KM. You assign whatever you want on the buttons using the functions and buttons tabs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: