JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nokia 110T DVB-T receiver (freeview)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mappedyr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Nokia 110T DVB-T receiver (freeview) Reply with quote

Device: Nokia 110T
Type of device: DVB-T receiver
Year: ?
JP1 Remote model: URC8910 [alternatively URC7550]
JP1 user: Yes
Still have original remote: No
Checked the file section: Yes. Tried the 3 Nokia devices in the old JP1 HDTV file section. None of them seemed to work.
Checked the Pronto file section (at R/C): Yes. Found a file for a Nokia 212T. I tried to decode it, and it seems power should be coded as protocol=NRC17, device=124 and OBC=12. I don't know how to setup NRC17 in KM, so I tried with Nokia Quad, but it didn't seem to do the trick.
Partially working setup code: No. However, I found this discussion for a Nokia 121T where the code 1723 is mentioned.
Learning remote question: No.

Cheers,
Kjeld
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The obvious next step was a forum search for "NRC17".

I just did that and found several interesting threads that I don't have time now to reread.

But one of those threads says RemoteMaster supports NRC17, so I checked and it includes that choice and provides an executor for a protocol 00BD to generate it.

Assuming RM's support for NRC17 is correct, using RM should be simpler than figuring out NRC17 in KM.

But if you have some reason to not use RM, those other threads probably give enough info to figure out NRC17 in KM.
mappedyr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few seconds after I had sent my message I came to think of it. Of course I should have searched for NRC17 in the forum. I tried NRC17 in RM and device number 124. I doubt there is a power button on the original remote (it doesn't look like that in the CCF-files) so I have tried with the numbers 0-9 and "opt" which I guess is the menu function. I still didn't get any reaction.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Kjeld
mappedyr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the manuals for Nokia 110T, 210T and 221T. I discovered that the remote control is not the same for 221T as for the other models (also 150T). Probably that's why I can't use the codes from 221T.

mappedyr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it! I have been trying to solve my problem for several hours today. I almost gave up and had a look at a Logitech Harmony universal remote control. Indeed, they do specifically have support for Nokia 110T.

But then I started browsing OFA's pages. And it turns out (perhaps everybody else knew that, I didn't) that they have added Internet support e.g. for URC-7550. So, I signed up, and downloaded as much as 5 WAV-files. It was the 1723 device code that did the trick. Now, I've got it all working.

I tried to analyze the output from my URC-7550 by letting my URC-8910 learn the signals. The pattern was, that the signals were protocol=NRC17 device=124 and some various extra signals. But I still can't get KM or RM to generate a device upgrade I can use.

I have uploaded the WAV-file. I'm not quite sure if these files are copyrighted by OFA. If they are, I'll remove the file right away.

Cheers,
Kjeld
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than load the wav file, we would much prefer it if you loaded the IR download from the URC-7550 remote with all these codes loaded.

So, could you replace the wav file with the IR file please?
mappedyr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob.

I have uploaded the IR file to the Diagnosis Area. Did you know the Internet Download service OFA has introduced?

Cheers,
Kjeld
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the file, I'll take a look at it.
mappedyr wrote:
Did you know the Internet Download service OFA has introduced?

Sure, that's been in place for several years already.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have uploaded a KM file based on the SAT/1723 code in that IR file...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3371
mappedyr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob.

I really appreciate your work. Unfortunately the upgrade does not work. I discovered that the KM spreadsheet I was using was too old. When I loaded your KM file I got a note that I should download the newest version of KM from the Yahoo site. I don't know if this is fixed in the newest version.

And now I found the root to my problems. The old KM ( 8.38 ) did not suggest a protocol upload for 00:BD when used with URC-7560. When I tried to switch to URC-8910 it all began to work.

I have oploaded my KM file. I had to calculate the OBC's as 2*n+1 and set the device to 248. Isn't a DVB-T receiver upgrade supposed to go to the HDTV section? With KM 9.00 I can also get it to work on my URC-7550.

Cheers,
Kjeld
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: