JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hi,, Need help. reading a Free to air control remote.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:

(1) Are the pictures you posted of the remote control from your HIVION Satellite receiver?

If so, they are of no use.

I noticed that the blob of epoxy over the processor in that remote looks just like the blob of epoxy over the processor in typical UEI remotes. But I expect that is just coincidence. The rest of the details in that picture do not look like a UEI remote. (If it had been a UEI remote then the picture might have told us a lot).

Capn Trips wrote:
You DO require, however, a JP1 interface, which you can build or buy.

Why?

So far as I understand this thread, he doesn't have a JP1 remote, and he wants to program a slingbox, which doesn't use a JP1 cable.

Capn Trips wrote:

Do you have a way to learn (preferable to a JP1 remote) or otherwise capture the IR signal? (Check the hardware section for an IR capture device you can build)

That is the important part of our answers, but as you mentioned above, saying it in English doesn't seem to be getting the point across.

If he chooses a JP1 learning remote as the capture device, that would answer the "why" he needs a JP1 cable. If he chooses some other IR capture hardware, I don't think a JP1 cable would be involved.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
Capn Trips wrote:
You DO require, however, a JP1 interface, which you can build or buy.
Why?

So far as I understand this thread, he doesn't have a JP1 remote, and he wants to program a slingbox, which doesn't use a JP1 cable.
If he chooses a JP1 learning remote as the capture device, that would answer the "why" he needs a JP1 cable. If he chooses some other IR capture hardware, I don't think a JP1 cable would be involved.
Right. Good catch. That's what I meant, and I have edited the previous post to convey that.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
dvbspider

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: guy's sorry about my english is terrible. Reply with quote

Thanks,, guys,, I have been read so far all comments on this topic..

I have been in Set top box hobby almost 12 years,, I am not a coder , but I understand quick much about ,, programming..

clarify, miss understanding :

A JP1 For Remote Controls is almost identical as a JTAG boundary scan ,, it does do same same function:

What is a Jtag:
JTAG boundary scan started as a method of testing ICs and their interconnections using a shift register built into the chip so that inputs could be shifted in and the resulting outputs could be shifted out using only four I/O pins (clock, input data, output data, and state machine mode control). This eliminated the need for complex, expensive, bed-of-nails cards for low-speed probing of IC I/O pins.

Eventually, the uses of JTAG expanded to include things like debugging software for embedded microcontrollers, thus reducing the need for in-circuit emulators. And JTAG is a natural match for downloading configuration bitstreams to FPGAs.

JP1 Interface it does almnost same job,, it read the IC,chip,or interface that is stor on the control remote , so you can read and re-falsh the chip..

That’s why I use the term JTAG , because is the properly term about this testing issue.

When we use A jtag to a Set top box,, is same as we trying to do on remote control re-program the flash from the unit or read and write.

So any why ,, it mean I need to get a learning control remote to, capture the IR code from original remote and then use the JP1 cables to read the lerning remote and then get the code in a bin file and wirte to the slingbox SBAV folder????????????????

Do you think a Harmony 659 will help me.

thanks guys,,

guy's I am willing to send a new FTA unit, for the member can do this for me.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: guy's sorry about my english is terrible. Reply with quote

dvbspider wrote:

So any why ,, it mean I need to get a learning control remote to, capture the IR code from original remote and then use the JP1 cables to read the lerning remote and then get the code in a bin file and wirte to the slingbox SBAV folder????????????????

Right.

dvbspider wrote:

Do you think a Harmony 659 will help me.

I don't think so. Certainly not as easily as a JP1 learning remote and JP1 cable would.

dvbspider wrote:

guy's I am willing to send a new FTA unit, for the member can do this for me.

What am I misunderstanding? That seems a big expense for something you can get done with less than that.

If you want to mail an FTA remote and return postage to someone, someone will be willing to capture the signals and post a .rmdu file and probably do the last step of generating the Slingbox file from the .rmdu file.

I've never made a Slingbox file, though I'll probably learn how soon. I'm willing to make at least the .rmdu file for you if you want to lend an FTA remote to me and provide the return postage. (I don't think I have any use for a FTA, maybe I'm misunderstanding something about that, or I might take you up on your overly generous offer.)
dvbspider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: ok,, thanks.. Reply with quote

johnsfine

Please e-mail me at dvbspider@hotmail.com or my messenger

I will send to you control remote, with postage paid,,..I can use my DHL account with no problem..

About the fta unit,, I say give away a unit because , I am a person generous , And given away 1 unit it won’t affect me.. because your help, will compensate ..
Please send me your address.
I will be appreciate for your help..

Thanks
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished using CaptureIr to grab all the signals from the Hivion remote you sent.

I want to upload the .rmdu and I wanted to verify a few details to put in that file.

The device type is SAT?

The specific device is HIVION 3030?

I need names I can type for each button. Two buttons have just icons. The one to the right of power that looks like a X through a speaker: Is that "mute"? The one under "blue", to the right of "func" that looks like a clock. Is that "timer" or what?

I'll also try to make a slingbox file for you. RM needs to know if that is the JU chip or the PL chip. Do you know which (or has another choice been added since I last updated RM and/or RDF files)?
dvbspider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
I just finished using CaptureIr to grab all the signals from the Hivion remote you sent.

I want to upload the .rmdu and I wanted to verify a few details to put in that file.

The device type is SAT?

The specific device is HIVION 3030?

I need names I can type for each button. Two buttons have just icons. The one to the right of power that looks like a X through a speaker: Is that "mute"? The one under "blue", to the right of "func" that looks like a clock. Is that "timer" or what?

I'll also try to make a slingbox file for you. RM needs to know if that is the JU chip or the PL chip. Do you know which (or has another choice been added since I last updated RM and/or RDF files)?

Yes, the one has X is Mute,

Yes is a Clock

I open the directory SBAV and it have JU and PL

under sling box i see SB100-100
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted the .rmdu file at Hivion3030

As I was assigning buttons, I realized it makes no sense for me to convert to a Slingbox bin file at this point, because the mapping of buttons was too arbitrary.

The Slingbox button set is not a good fit for the function set of this remote. I don't have a Slingbox and don't know how to use the Hivion device, so I have no idea what button mapping make sense.

You really need to review my button mapping choices in that .rmdu file and improve them, before it makes sense to make a Slingbox file from it.
dvbspider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Thanks.. Reply with quote

You make a great bin file,, it work all button menu,,

thanks very, much...

D.S.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: