JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

USB driver not found in windows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BK Sutton

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: USB driver not found in windows Reply with quote

Need help. I just got a new usb cable from diygadget and the usb IO driver is not recognized by windows. I have win/XP sp2. and a RS-2115 remote. I plug in the remote first then to the computer. The new hardware found pop-up runs and I follow all of the steps to select the correct driver and windows says it cannot recognize the driver for this device. I have even tried to load the driver from the device manager.

Judging from the forum there is a problem with windows loading this driver. Is there a windows sp2 compatible driver? or a workaround?

I would love to get started with jp1 and this is quite frustrating.
Confused
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try deleting the device from Device Manager (if it's there) and then connect the interface to the PC without it attached to the remote.
jetskier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: USB driver not found in windows Reply with quote

Quote:
Judging from the forum there is a problem with windows loading this driver. Is there a windows sp2 compatible driver? or a workaround?

I would love to get started with jp1 and this is quite frustrating.
Confused

I've got both interfaces (USB and parallel). The parallel works fine, but it is wearing from all the plugging and unplugging so I thought I'd upgrade to a pro built one. I cannot get the USB version to work either. I'm also running WinXP SP2. I cannot figure out why this device is so touchy. I've emailed Delcom and all the suggestions did not work. The device works on my Win2K laptop and my Intel based MoBo at work w/ WinXP SP2. So I know it is not the device directly, just some issue with the driver and my MoBo. What chipset is your mobo? I have a Biostar with the NVIDIA Nforce2. I don't know if there is some bug or what with the USB drivers for this unit. I downloaded the latest drivers for the board and still no luck. The bizarre thing is that the ID in device manager match that of the INF file, but it always ends in "cannot install this hardware".
BK Sutton

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
Try deleting the device from Device Manager (if it's there) and then connect the interface to the PC without it attached to the remote.

I did try both deleting the device from device manager and attaching the device without the remote. When I did attach the usb without the remore nothing happened.

Still looking for solutions.
Thanks for responding....
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using it with a USB hub by any chance? The only WinXP SP2 problems I ever had were when I tried the JP1 interface through a hub. When it's connected direct to a USB port, I haven't had any trouble.
whompus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I plug in the remote first then to the computer. The new hardware found pop-up runs and I follow all of the steps to select the correct driver and windows says it cannot recognize the driver for this device. I have even tried to load the driver from the device manager.

Are you referring to these steps? DIYgadget's steps If these are the steps you are taking and windows still don't recognize the drivers, there may be a problem with system drivers inf.

Take a look at this Thread posted
BK Sutton

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an intel 82845GE & ich4 chipsets. intel 478 celeron D. The mobo is usb 2.0 compliant.
I am not running it through a hub. and I did follow the setps from diygadget.
It is a little strange that the driver can run on some winXP/sp2 systems and not others. On the other hand I never got my degree in computer engineering. Laughing
I'm open to any suggestions.
Thanks,
whompus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be kind of hard to make suggestions without actually looking at the system. I have the feeling it has something to do with your system usb drivers now present.

The only system I have ran into that problem with was one I had a delcom io driver on from previous works on moding seems for a phone. That is when I found the system drivers had changed and would not see the drivers for the usb cable as being correct.

The inf and pnf files I mentioned in the thread I posted for you to look into is what I had to remove to make it install on that system. The other user in that thread had to go as far as replace the usb.inf file on his with one from win 2000 and remove the others to get it to work.

So it comes down to knowing what is there that is conflicting. And also can your system do without them.
BK Sutton

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whompus wrote:
Quote:
I plug in the remote first then to the computer. The new hardware found pop-up runs and I follow all of the steps to select the correct driver and windows says it cannot recognize the driver for this device. I have even tried to load the driver from the device manager.

Are you referring to these steps? DIYgadget's steps If these are the steps you are taking and windows still don't recognize the drivers, there may be a problem with system drivers inf.

Take a look at this Thread posted

I have tried removing the usb.inf and usb.pnf files,there are no oem# files for this device, I have extracted the cab files from SP1 and Windows still says driver not for this device.
I have asked DIYgadget to see if Delcom can update their driver for WIN/XP2. If I can't get this to work I might have to go to a paralell cable.
rickety

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI I am able to run the USB interface from DIYGadget using the drivers downloaded from their site, on am Inspiron laptop with XP-SP2 Home Edition.

Have you tried removing all the USB devices in DevMgr and then starting with the interface? It might isolate any interactions with other USB drivers.
BK Sutton

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all set. Thanks. I ended up using another computer and it loaded fine. I'm thinking there is a problem with the BIOs in my original pc.
Now I am working to understand macro's and Key moves.
flatrock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something you might want to take a quick look at on the original PC if you still want to use it. It might be that your original system is set up to not allow loading of unsigned drivers.

Try checking the local security policy:

Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Local Security Policy->Local Policies->Security Options

There should be a policy for Devices: Unsigned driver installation behavior

Mine is set to "Warn but allow installation".

I'm not really sure what error windows gives if the driver that matches your device isn't signed and your policy is set to not allow installing it, but it might be worth a quick look.
jetskier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flatrock wrote:
Here's something you might want to take a quick look at on the original PC if you still want to use it. It might be that your original system is set up to not allow loading of unsigned drivers.

Try checking the local security policy:

Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Local Security Policy->Local Policies->Security Options

There should be a policy for Devices: Unsigned driver installation behavior

Mine is set to "Warn but allow installation".

I'm not really sure what error windows gives if the driver that matches your device isn't signed and your policy is set to not allow installing it, but it might be worth a quick look.

I just compared my office PC to my home. The Office PC has "warn but allow installation" and my home PC had "Silently succeed". The Office PC worked and the home didn't with these settings.

I will test when I get home using the "warn but allow". I was only able to compare the settings remotely as I am still at work.
jetskier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No such luck. Sad
sjmaye

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to jump in here.

I have used the usb driver from Filebug, "USBIODS.inf", with marginal success for a while now.

I had issues form the start. It would work one time and then the next time it would not and have to reinstall the driver. Sometimes it would upload/donwload from the remove and sometimes it would not. This happened over and over again.

Sometime later I noticed my computer would not shutdown correctly. It would hang on "Windows is shutting down". I would have to force the shutdown. I did a lot of troubleshooting and surmised that the JP-1 USB cable I left plugged in (all the time without the remote attached) may be the culprit. Once I ulled the JP-1 cable out the computer has been shutting down ever since.

I thought I had it all licked until yesterday when I was reviewing my Administrative tools>Event Viewer>System and saw errors posted . They seemed to correlate with system reboots. I recognized the file as the JP-1 usb driver "USBIODS".

This actually the reason I came to this forum. I need/want to remove this driver, but do not know how.

FWIW- I did all this because my new computer did not have a parallel port. I think I will purchase a parallel port on a pci card. I never had problems with it.

Anybody know how to correctly remove a usb driver?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: