JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need codes for the Onkyo HT-510 Comes with the HT-S760

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clintswiney

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:52 am    Post subject: Need codes for the Onkyo HT-510 Comes with the HT-S760 Reply with quote

I just got one of these and boy does it sound good... The only problem is that my URC-8910 wont control it! I tried the codes for the Onkyo HT-500 but it wont work... I'm a little new to this but I've got my own JP1 cable and have input several codes into my remotes... I've not been able to find the codes for it on the JP1 yahoo group so it looks like I may have to build a code so I dont use up all of my learned memory.... Can someone either tell me how to "build a code" or where to read up on it. Or even better do you have a txt file with the code in it that I can use?

Onkyo HTS760

Thanks in Advance....

Clint
usblipitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw several Onkyo device upgrades in the audio device upgrades file but none were for the HT-S760. They may still work and it might be worth trying them.

To do this last week I would have downloaded them all to a temporary folder, then pressed the load key from KM and checked them out one at a time. I recently discovered it is quicker and requires less clean up later to use KM's IMPORT button. Smile

Instead of downloading the upgrades, go ahead and open them by just double clicking on them - the text files will just open in your browser window where you can do Edit/Select All then Edit/Copy, then in KM click IMPORT and voila!

From here you can change the remote to 8910, look over the functions and buttons pages and move the functions to the keys you want, then copy and paste the device and protocol boxes from KM to IR and then upload to your remote. (dont forget to pick the correct .rdf in IR with file/select before pasting)

If these Onkyo files do not work, you can learn all the buttons, upload the remote into IR, then check out the learning tab to see what protocol, device, obcs/efcs are used and from this information you can go to KM and create your own upgrade: in KM pick the protocol that IR says is being used (this is a drop down list on the left side of sheet 1 in KM), pick the correct remote (8910), then put in any device/subdevice listed by IR, then go to the functions sheet and put in the OBCs or EFCs, then go to the buttons page and arrange it to your liking, then paste the device and protocol boxes back to IR (and delete your learned codes), upload to your remote and check to make sure it works. It is not as hard as it sounds once you are doing it - should take maybe 20 minutes or so? If you run into problems, post a response.. Good Luck!
JP1Files
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usblipitor wrote:
To do this last week I would have downloaded them all to a temporary folder, then pressed the load key from KM and checked them out one at a time. I recently discovered it is quicker and requires less clean up later to use KM's IMPORT button. Smile

Instead of downloading the upgrades, go ahead and open them by just double clicking on them - the text files will just open in your browser window where you can do Edit/Select All then Edit/Copy, then in KM click IMPORT and voila!

I should've hired you to write the readme Exclamation
clintswiney

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Wow that's awesome! I appreciate the info. As far as the onkyo codes on the website which ones shouild I try or is it more of a trial and error thing?

I may just build a new file using the learning method just to get experience in building files in case I get another new device. If I get a codefile made I'll submit it to the jp1 group in case anybopdy else needs it....

Clint
usblipitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote

clintswiney wrote:
.. as far as the onkyo files, which one(s) should I try?
Clint,

The following files come from the Audio Device Upgrade Folder at JP1-Yahoo. I would try Onkyo HT-R500 first. If that does not work, then I would try (in no specific order): Onkyo TXDS595, Onkyo 787, Onkyo 898, Onkyo GXW, Onkyo TXDS575, Onkyo TXSR600, or Onkyo SR601. If none of these work, then I would start learning all the codes off the original remote and create your own upgrade. Good Luck!

Note: The above links are to ".txt" files, so you can use the IMPORT trick described above. If you really want to just download the file to your computer, you will need to right-click the link and choose "Save Target As.."

Mark Pierson wrote:
usblipitor wrote:
blah blah blah use KM's IMPORT button blah blah blah in KM click IMPORT and voila! Smile

I should've hired you to write the readme!
Mark, Thank You for the IMPORT button!
JP1Files
JSB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please bear with me on this I am a bit new at this... but this is what i got working for my Onkyo HTS 760 system (the reciever is HT-R510).

I have an RS 15-2104....

In IR.EXE I set up my "AUX" device as "CD/Audio" Type with "0135" Code.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi-bin2/ueic.cgi?amp_0135

This got everything set up on my remote except for the "DVD" input. Not very cool Sad

So I made this upgrade:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upgrade Code 0 = 34 6F (Amp/1135)
5A 00 81 20 B4 C9 CE 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
End
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I set up "AUX2" device as "CD/Audio" Type with "1135" Code (with the help of an extender!).... and when you press "0" the HT-R510 will switch to DVD Very Happy

Now if you have not figured it out yet... I really didn't care what button I had to push because I just call on that button within a macro.

I am not sure if "0" was the best choice because the upgrade ends up mapping key name "0" through "9". But it does work!

JSB
sfhub

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JSB wrote:
This got everything set up on my remote except for the "DVD" input. Not very cool Sad

I didn't read the whole thread so I'm not sure if you are using NEC1
combo protocol or not.

Onkyo HT-R500 and I assume HT-R510 use multiple subdevices.
I think all the input selects are on subdevice 109 except DVD, which
is subdevice 108.
Code:

Function    EFC    byte2
video 1     058     109
video 2     054     109
video 3     056     109
DVD         060     108
Phono       055     109
Tape        053     109
CD          057     109
Tuner       166     109
Stosh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint - I'll be needing it!!!

I just bought the same S760 setup you did, with the 510 receiver. Glad you like the sound - I'm hoping for the same luck!

Haven't set anything up yet, and won't have the chance for a week or so. Please do post your findings if you get it all working, as I'll be re-working the same problem if you don't! Good luck,

Stosh
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: