JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Entering learned keys in RM - Solved

View previous topic :: View next topic  
irs009

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Entering learned keys in RM - Solved Reply with quote

I'm trying to transfer these learned keys to this RM file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3296

Here is the IR file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3297

These are the learned keys.

Key # Prot. Dev Sub OBC HEX EFC Misc

PIP 1 RC6 4 211 D3 148 T=1
Move 1 RC6 4 78 4E 64 T=0
Swap 1 RC6 4 247 F7 117 T=1
Prev 1 RC5 4 63 00 or 01 or 02 018 or 010 or 034 T=1 U=1761:1793
2 RC5 4 63 00 or 01 or 02 018 or 010 or 034 T=1 U=1761:1793
3 RC5 4 63 00 or 01 or 02 018 or 010 or 034 T=1 U=1761:1793
4 RC5 4 63 00 or 01 or 02 018 or 010 or 034 T=1 U=1761:1793
5 RC5 4 63 00 or 01 or 02 018 or 010 or 034 T=1 U=1761:1793
6 RC5 4 63 00 or 01 or 02 018 or 010 or 034 T=1 U=1761:1793

None of them are working for me.

Thank You for your help, Jack

Last edited by irs009 on Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I will answer your question, but then I have a few questions of my own:

Although I can't run RM at work, from inspection I see that the RM file you're using uses the 0184 protocol, whilst the decoded signals use RC-6 (and in one case, RC-5) protocol, so you can't really combine them in any simple manner.

The only way would be to build three separate upgrades, and then combine them using the Device Combiner Protocol.
(1) One upgrade is the RM file you already have with PID 0184.
(2) The second would be an upgrade for the three RC6 protocol functions.
(3) The third would be for the single RC5 protocol function (The multiple decodes with the same info can usually be safely used as a single decode with those data).
(4) Then, use the Device Combiner Protocol (it's a drop-down protocol selection on RM's setup page) to create a FOURTH upgrade, importing (using the PID and Fixed Data from) the other three, and assigning the functions from each of the other three upgrades properly in RM. Keep in mind that if any of the three individual upgrades required a protocol upgrade, then you will have to add THAT protocol as well as the Device Combiner protocol.

But the underlying question I have is why?

Are these all presumably from the same device or component? Or are you trying to combine three different components into one device upgrade?

If you'd explain in a little more detail what you're trying to accomplish, there may be alternative ways than what you're seemingly trying to do (mash three distinct protocols into a single upgrade), like building the three upgrades described above and adding them all and then using keymoves to move those four function into the device that uses the RM upgrade DVD/1277 (This would probably use far less memory than using the Device Combiner)

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
irs009

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Capn Trips. The code 1277 is actually a renamed code 1267 which OFA said was the proper code for the VCR\DVD combo I have. (Philips DVP620VR/17). They also recommended the 1266 code for the VCR which worked out OK.

Now, after reading your post, I'm beginning to think I should Try to find a new base code that will work or build from scratch. I just checked and the VCR uses RC5 with device codes 5, 105, 4.

Would I have to use a device combiner if everything is RC5 or RC6, or is there a combo device that would cover both? While I wait, I'm going to see if there is another code I can use. I had a feeling that I would be told exactly what you said.

The 1267\1277 code actually does very little beyond operating the transport keys and arrow and select keys, so in the end it's going to require much more than 4 Keymoves. Until I get an answer to the RC5\RC6 combiner, I'm going to try some other codes, and or upgrades for standalone Philips DVD.

Thanks very much...Jack
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's for a combo device (VCR\DVD, Phillips DVP620VR/17?) then probably best to build two upgrades with one protocol for each. Any leftover functions that use yet another protocol then either piggy-back them into any device that already uses that protocol (TV might use RC-6, for instance) or create a small dummy upgrade not assigned to a real device but just used to hold thoise few codes that you need.

You will end up with upgrades that control most of the functions for a given device (and a DVD and VCR can be considered to be two devices even if they're in the same box). Any functions that you wish to use in one mode that come from another then simplest way is to KeyMove them to the button of your choice using IR

So you might have all DVD functions in one mode but KeyMove the TV's aspect ratio to one of the buttons, for instance. The code for that aspect ratio function "lives in" the TV upgrade but you KeyMove from it to a button in the DVD upgrade using the KeyMove tab in IR.
irs009

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Underquark, Thanks for the sound advice. I just found an upgrade for a Philips DVD 642 submitted by The Robman and it seems to use all of my EFC's and has a protocol of RC6.

I do have a separate upgrade for the VCR. I'm off to try The Robman's upgrade. It looks like it's just the ticket...Jack
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, as soon as I've found that one or another code is only partially useful, or there is confusion about protocols and upgrade, I find it to be a MUCH more efficient use of my time to simply learn all of the functions from the OEM remote and build my own.

You have a fine learning remote, the 8910, and I would guess that all of the RC5 signals are for ONE function (DVD or VCR), whilst the RC6 functions are likely for the other. (Or as UQ said above, ONE signal type controls the majority of functions, including "shared" functions, and the other will only supplement it slightly)

Learn 'em all, build two upgrades, assign one each to the DVD and VCR buttons respectively (Or supplement one with Keymoves from the other), and you're off to the races, without wasting a lot of time "back-and-forthing" here in the fora.

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 2nd the advice that the Capn gave you in his last post. So often I see people running around trying to track down official UEI upgrades along with advanced code lists, etc when they have the two key ingredients in their hands already (ie, the original remote and a learning JP1 remote).

When UEI creates upgrade, they have things they need to take into consideration that we don't. When you create an upgrade, you only have to take yourself into consideration. If the original remote uses (let's say) 3 different device codes or protocols, but if you eliminate some buttons that you'll never use, you can reduce it to 1 or 2 device codes and/or protocols, go for it. You can do that, but UEI can't. You also have the option of using 2 or 3 seperate upgrades with keymoves, which they don't.
irs009

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye Aye Capn Trips. I won't have to start from scratch though because all of the VCR codes are RC5, all of the DVD are RC6, except for shared keys which are RC5. You've enlightened me. I got off to a bad start with the 0184 protocol. Thanks to all for the advice...Jack
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I miss an explantion somewhere of what 0184 does? Is it some form of RC5/RC6 combo?

I know I can set up a remote with it, then decode with captureIr. But I don't know when I might have time.

For this thread, it sounds like the simple answer is an RC5 upgrade, and RC6 upgrade and a few external functions (that become KeyMoves) in the RC6 upgrade specifying use of the RC5 upgrade.
irs009

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's done now Johnsfine, I just needed to be kicked in the right direction...Jack
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please remember to share your upgrades in the File Section for the appropriate devices.

Amazon Firestick
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: