JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

6131 extender: Keymoves Lost

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dinomight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: 6131 extender: Keymoves Lost Reply with quote

Hey Guys,
I have a 6131 with the 2k eeprom, and i am using the 6131 extender. I have this weird thing happening where after some time of use i loose a keymove, It appears to be a random keymove (random among a few keys) i either loose my volume control (just on the PVR) or i loose my tv input select (which is bound on every device ), when i loose it i loose it on all devices. If i do another upload everything is fine again. i have done a download when it was in the broken state, and it is an exact match to the uploaded file.(minus the notes). It happens every few days, and its kinda annoying to have to reprogram so often. I have replaced the batteries with new one (brand new rechargeable nimh) and new batteries doesn't seem to make a difference. If anyone has any idea why this might be happening i would love some advice.

-D
dinomight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh i thought of one more thing.
It kinda seems like the upload isn't really doing anything other than putting it in the preinitialized state. this is conjecture but, it's like the act of initializing (4 flashes) resets it to the proper state (where all buttons are correct). Is there a way to do this without having to reupload the image?

-D
greenough1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can "turn off" the extender as follows, remove a battery and then hold a button down for a few seconds. reinsert the battery and press tv, then power to restart the extender. See if that helps. That might provide another clue.

jeff
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenough1 wrote:
...reinsert the battery and press tv, then power to restart the extender.

Actually on 6131 remote it's PVR/POWER unlike all others, i.e. 2 that I know of Smile which enable the extender by TV/POWER.

I notice often, but not always, that even disconnecting it from a computer for testing often resets the remote - you can see 2 blinks on 6131, or a different LCD content on 8910. Connecting back to the computer often resets as well. In the disconnect scenario, just do as Jeff says.

If the batteries are rattling inside, that'll cause loss of the extender too. Some NiMH are slightly narrower than the standard batteries. You can use my hi-tech trick of inserting a tiny piece of a paper towel to hold'm down.
alkap

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: 6131 extender: Keymoves Lost Reply with quote

[quote="dinomight"]Hey Guys,
I have a 6131 with the 2k eeprom, and i am using the 6131 extender. I have this weird thing happening where after some time of use i loose a keymove, It appears to be a random keymove (random among a few keys) i either loose my volume control (just on the PVR) or i loose my tv input select (which is bound on every device ), when i loose it i loose it on all devices. If i do another upload everything is fine again. i have done a download when it was in the broken state, and it is an exact match to the uploaded file.(minus the notes). It happens every few days, and its kinda annoying to have to reprogram so often. I have replaced the batteries with new one (brand new rechargeable nimh) and new batteries doesn't seem to make a difference. If anyone has any idea why this might be happening i would love some advice.

-D[/quote]

Ditto same problem for last two months. Lost keymoves on ENTER key. Had no problem for 2 years before this started happening since March. Something must be in the air!!!!
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check that you haven't changed anything recently and have got any buttons calling non-existant functions as I had a problem causing the unusual behaviour of the setup code changing and then the remote freezing and tracked it down to one call to a non-existant device number.

ElizabethD wrote:
Some NiMH are slightly narrower than the standard batteries. You can use my hi-tech trick of inserting a tiny piece of a paper towel to hold'm down.

Try some Chinese NiMHs which are, if anything, too big. They go hand-in-hand with some (also Chinese) kids' toys where the battery compartment is too tight. Makes me wonder if the manufacturers are sticking too rigidly to dimensions and haven't heard of tolerances. Some NiMH, of course, start fully charged at only 1.2V each and don't need to drop too much more voltage before going below critical for certain devices.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: