JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

In RM "Export Binary Upgrade" Creates No File, ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chocfullo

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: In RM "Export Binary Upgrade" Creates No File, ?? Reply with quote

I am trying to create a new Slingbox upgrade file for myself to test then upload to the "Slingbox Upgrade Files" area but I am having trouble.

I am want my Slingbox to remote control my "Sirius Satellite Radio Model XACT Stream JockeyII". The remote is a very simple one and someone named "smalis" has already created a KM file for the remote at the bottom of this page here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5558&highlight=xact I downloaded and opened this KM file in "Remote Master" following all the instructions listed here:
http://www.slingcommunity.com/article/11832/

Everything goes according to plan in Remote Master until I get to the end where I click "Advanced|Export Binary Upgrade". No file is created and I don't know why. Question I do get a "Save In" dialog box with a "Filename" and a "Filetype" section clearly showing a file ready to be made but when I press the "Save" button no file is created.

I have tried various things but I must be missing something because no matter what I do a file is not created (no matter what folder or directory or filename I use and I even have windows xp showing ALL filetypes even hidden system files and folders).

Do I need to tweak a few thing in RM once I import the file? What should I double check or change? Could someone try to create this binary file from the KM file and see if it is just me or something else. I've been at this for many hours and I feel I am close, any suggestions? Thanks to all.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't you. There's a recently introduced bug in RM. A fix will be available shortly.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed in RM v1.52b
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: