JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Extender 1 for Atlas DVR now available
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Extender 1 for Atlas DVR now available Reply with quote

Since several Atlas DVR owners have recently asked if an extender is available for their remote, I have ported the URC-6131 extender to the Atlas DVR. You can download it here.

Because the Atlas DVR remote always comes with a 1K EEPROM, it's not as easy to make an extender work and still leave enough room for upgrades, keymoves & macros. I managed to squeeze a few bytes out of the URC-6131 version, but there's still nowhere near as much room left over as a 2K EEPROM provides. It may or may not be practical to use this extender depending on how much else you need to add to it.

Due to these space limitations, the special protocols are not pre-loaded as is the case with other extenders, but I've provided upgrades in the text files describing each protocol so that you can add them in IR.

Also, please note that this remote also has the same problem as does the URC-6131 with importing keymoves into the extender because it uses a newer keymove format. The extender uses the normal keymove format, so you'll have to re-create any existing keymoves.

So, any brave souls left out there willing to try this?

P.S. If there's enough interest, I can also make up a 2K version of this extender. Please note that this would require you to replace the existing 1K EEPROM chip in the remote. No one has tried this yet to see if it works, but because this remote is so similar to the URC-6131 I suspect it would work.
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly off this topic (and I've updated all my 6131's to 2k eeproms) but others might benefit from a 1k version of the 6131 extender (unless I missed it or the needed modifications) since all the UEI "official" upgrades are shipping with 1k rather than 2k eeproms. (I had two and the errors being reported drove me nuts for a while when first learning JP1 methods)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike,
Do you have a 2k Atlas remote? And if not, do you have the soldering skills to replace the EEPROM? If you don't, send me one of your Atlas's and I'll replace the chip for you.

Then I think it would be a good idea to see if you can port the 2k extender so it's ready for people if they replace their EEPROMs.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Do you have a 2k Atlas remote?
No, unfortunately I don't even have a 1K Atlas at the moment. I ported the extender when I programmed a neighbor's remote, and for some reason now they seem to want to use it all the time... Laughing I am trying to get hold of another one to experiment with, though.
The Robman wrote:
do you have the soldering skills to replace the EEPROM?
No problem, Rob. I learned to solder before I could tie my shoes, and most of my designs these days use surface mount parts. I've got pretty much everything needed, except for the remote and a 2K EEPROM... Surprised That's all I need... and this ashtray...
The Robman wrote:
Then I think it would be a good idea to see if you can port the 2k extender so it's ready for people if they replace their EEPROMs.
OK, I'll try to put a 2K version together as time permits. With a little more room I could add in more keysets (PIP, menu, etc.).
zaphod7501 wrote:
...others might benefit from a 1k version of the 6131 extender...
I think so too. Any volunteers? If not, I could try to tackle that later on, but I don't have a 6131 to test it on.
mtakahar
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice... Smile

I'm glad to see my key move loading code made useful in yet another remote.

Hal
evan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Surprised Surprised YOU ROCK mr_d_p_gumby!!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

(You too mtakahar for your code!)

I have loaded it in to the remote, put macros on the device selections and power button. It works perfect!!

Now, a PERFECT remote for my system, all for $7! Not that price was an issue but I like it SO much better than my 9910 with the doughnut select. Most of the coding I did in that remote was to deal with all the features of an SA8300 cable box with built in PVR. Over 70% less key moves/macros/protocols needed here AND I have a dedicated page up/down,A,B,C near the navigation controls! WAHOOOOOO! Wink

Again, THANK YOU!!!!!!
sking90

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second that.

I just installed the extender on a new Atlas DVR remote and it seems to work perfect.

Thanks Mike!
bcardellini

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much would a 2k chip cost? And how much would it cost to replace my (actually it belongs to TWC) Atlas if I accidentally destroy it?

I've just started JP1 but I'm liking it a lot. I've got this extender, the double/long key press protocol, a device upgrade for my receiver, and a bunch of custom key moves and macros loaded onto my atlas. But my SA8300HD and my DVD player are toads, and I don't have room for ToadTog protocol. So I would be interested in some kind of capacity upgrade. My soldering skills are good enough that I'd give it a shot, but there's deffinitely a decent chance of me breaking the remote.

-Brian

Atlas DVR 5-Device
Onkyo TX-SR702 receiver
Sony KV-32HS420 TV
Toshiba POS DVD
Sony PS2
bcardellini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I had everything perfect on my Atlas DVRs, but now I've gone and bought another device that required an upgrade. Why do I get the feeling that my IR file will never stay the same for longer than 6 months?

Anyway, I would be very interested in a 2k extender. How involved is it to adapt the 1k extender for a 2k remote? I would be very grateful if someone developed one.
JP1newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Can't get VPT to work Reply with quote

I have an Atlas 5 device remote and added the extender.
For some reason(probably user error)I can't get the Volume punch thru to work on my devices.
Here is the linkhttp://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2941
All devices use the TV volume except AUD which uses my receiver's volume.
whompus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike
With the extender vpt is controlled under the macro tab. If you want it to be the tv, set each device as V_TV. If you want it to be the receiver set each as V_AUD.

Also do you mind if I ask what that 1011 device is? The raw info looks like a sony combo but I have not seen a device upgrade listed that way.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Can't get VPT to work Reply with quote

JP1newbie wrote:
Is this what ACTUALLY occurs, or what you WANT to occur?

Looking at your IR file, it appears that not ALL, but only TV, CBL and DVD use TV, whilst AUD uses Aud, and AUX uses Aux for Volume control.

Although your VPT is set to TV, that is active ONLY until the first time you send a V_XXX command. Now you have V_XXX commands in each of your device macros, and those commands will set your Volume keys forever more, until you reset the remote.

So for the TV, CBL and DVD devices, the Volume keys will be set to TV, whilst for the AUD and AUX devices, the Volume keys will be set to Aud and Aux, respectively.

If you want TRUE VPT, and will never want another component to control the volume, all you need to do is remove each instance of V_XXX in each of your device macros.

If, on the other hand, you want/need to tailor when your Volume keys are assigned to the TV or yor Amplifier, or other device, then as whompus described above, set the V_XXX keys as desired in your device-selection macros, in which case the VPT setting on the General page will mean nothing.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
JP1newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whompus wrote:
Hi Mike
With the extender vpt is controlled under the macro tab. If you want it to be the tv, set each device as V_TV. If you want it to be the receiver set each as V_AUD.

Also do you mind if I ask what that 1011 device is? The raw info looks like a sony combo but I have not seen a device upgrade listed that way.

You know i'm not quite sure what the 1011 device is.I do have the sony DVPcx958v dvd changer and was trying to add it but I was having problems and I thought I deleted it.I was going to try to get that working after I got this sorted out.

Capn Trips wrote:
JP1newbie wrote:
Is this what ACTUALLY occurs, or what you WANT to occur?

Looking at your IR file, it appears that not ALL, but only TV, CBL and DVD use TV, whilst AUD uses Aud, and AUX uses Aux for Volume control.

What i'd like is TV,CBL,DVD to use tv volume and AUD to use the receiver volume.I don't use the AUX right now.
I thought that's how I set it up but it doesn't work.
whompus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think AUD being in the macro is tossing you onto the audio device. Try X_AUD;1;X_CANCEL; in the cbl macro in place of AUD;1; and
X_AUD;2;X_CANCEL; in the dvd macro in place of AUD;2;

Also when you get ready to go with the dvd changer from the looks of that raw data this upgrade should cover it.
JP1newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whompus wrote:
I think AUD being in the macro is tossing you onto the audio device. Try X_AUD;1;X_CANCEL; in the cbl macro in place of AUD;1; and
X_AUD;2;X_CANCEL; in the dvd macro in place of AUD;2;

Also when you get ready to go with the dvd changer from the looks of that raw data this upgrade should cover it.

Ok i've tried X_AUD;1;X_CANCEL;V_TV in the cbl macro in place of AUD;1; and
X_AUD;2;X_CANCEL;V_TV in the dvd macro in place of AUD;2
that didn't work.
I've also tried just V_TV on the DVD macro and the CBL macro and that didn't work.
When I press the volume button in the CBL mode the cable button lights up.
When I press the volume button in the DVD mode nothing lights up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: