JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC 8811

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thepackfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: URC 8811 Reply with quote

Iv'e looked and found on the net that the URC-8811 uses 2 AA, or 4AAA, or 2 AAA bateries. Could Robman or someone else who really knows tell me which is true. I'm hoping that it uses AA, but, the truth is what I need.

Thanks in Advance
Lyndon Wills

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a URC-8811B00 that takes 4AAA's.

Lyndon
thepackfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lyndon, I figured it would, I have the 8910 And other then the lcd window it appears to be the same remote.

Any suggestings for a JP1 remote that uses AA. I tried the 6131 but I don't like the button configuration.
Lyndon Wills

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you like AAA's? It doesn't seem to matter what batteries my remotes take, I don't think I've ever run down a second set before my keys were worn out.

The 6012 seems like a nice remote. It looks like a baby 8011. It's missing 2 device keys, and about 6 macro and learning buttons. The rest of the buttons are arranged almost exactly like the 8011. It's about $14.00 at Wal-Mart. It does need the JP1 pins and an EPROM added to make it upgradeable though. I've read a few posts indicating that Rob sells them with the goodies installed for only a few bucks more.

Lyndon
thepackfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There a rf remote extender that I like from Blue-do. I replaces one of the AA with a rf sender. This works well with the Tivo remote and a 6011. what i like is that I don't have to aim anything at a pyramid, and I can use this remote in most rooms in the house, where I have the tivo signals sent via coax.

http://www.bluedo.com/bluedocgi/product.cgi?model=RR-X200

I really like the versatility that this offers
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You apparantly have one of these. It's been discussed a little at RC. From what I've read, it doesn't work well with lcd remotes, so you may want to keep this in mind, when selecting another JP-1 remote. This would preclude choosing the 2116 and 8910

Jim
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lyndon Wills wrote:
The 6012 seems like a nice remote. It looks like a baby 8011. It's missing 2 device keys, and about 6 macro and learning buttons. The rest of the buttons are arranged almost exactly like the 8011. It's about $14.00 at Wal-Mart. It does need the JP1 pins and an EPROM added to make it upgradeable though. I've read a few posts indicating that Rob sells them with the goodies installed for only a few bucks more.

Lyndon

I think what Lyndon means to say is that the URC-6012 is like a baby URC-8811. The URC-6012 is exactly the same size as the URC-8011 and part from missing two device buttons, has exactly the same button layout.

And yes, I have modified URC-6012s available for $15 each.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: