JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

one for Topline 8550, XBMC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: one for Topline 8550, XBMC Reply with quote

hello all,

am a complete novice to jp1 remote programming so this might seem like a dumb question.

i have a topline 8550 which im trying to re-program to work with xbox xbmc as described here:

http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.php?wakka=ProgramJP1Remotes&v=9gr

in remote master i select the 'rca' device which the xbox recognises and select the button layout as i want it.

i have the et80et80.rdf extender from the yahoo groups. i copy output from remote master into the ir program along with the upgrade protocol which i also put in the top box on the ir program

download it to the remote and nothing. the jp1 cable tests ok and remote batteries are new.

so what have i missed?

chris p
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URC-8550 doesn't have the RCA protocol installed, so you would have had to copy a protocol upgrade over also. Also, the URC-8550 remote contains a bug which prevents upgrades from working properly when they include a protocol upgrade, unless you make the upgrade "device specific".

If you did both of these things and it still doesn't work, I would suggest that you try the upgrade without the extender, just to eliminate one variable that you might have got wrong.

Here's an XBOX upgrade from the file section...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=727
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: