JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Programing un-used buttons to other function?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flight_ace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Programing un-used buttons to other function? Reply with quote

I have a URC-6012 (eeprom & JP1)

Lets say functions TV/ SAT/ AMP are programmed and working.

But in the SAT function, I have a 3 buttons un-programmed. I would like to duplicated some TV button functions onto these 3 un-programmed SAT buttons. Meaning, copy 3 button functions in TV mode to un-programmed SAT buttons (these buttons in SAT would control TV)

Can it be done? And if yes, how?

I am using KM and IR software...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, and you don't even need JP1 to do that, you can do it using just about any OFA remote. Use the Keymover (994) function to copy the buttons from TV mode to SAT mode.

For example, to copy PIP....

1) Press and hold SET, 2 flashes
2) Type 994, 2 flashes
3) Press TV, PIP, SAT, PIP, 2 flashes
flight_ace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta love it! thanks! worked like a charm.....
flight_ace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me ask this: If I use the 994 keymover function, I will overwrite changes made next time I program my remote with IR.

Is it possible to edit my .ir (or within IR) so I can save all changes done with keymover function?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flight_ace wrote:
Let me ask this: If I use the 994 keymover function, I will overwrite changes made next time I program my remote with IR.

Not if you download from the remote first and save the file.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To amplify on Rob's answer. The keymoves you just programmed directly on your remote (without using IR) are stored in the SAME EEPROM as whatever you have done previously WITH IR. So next time you are doing something with IR, DOWNLOAD FROM the remote first and save that file, which will include any previous updates you installed, AS MODIFIED by your manually inserted keymoves. The keymoves should appear right there on your KeyMoves tab. Make whatever modification you need to and upload back to the remote.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem with manually programming your keymoves, then downloading to IR is that you'll lose any notes you're entered in IR.

Of course, the advantage of manually copying your keymoves is that you don't need to know the EFCs (or OBCs, or hex command) associated with the source keys you are keymoving. The remote simply creates the keymove by copying the command from the source key (which is built into the remote's ROM, at which JP1 doesn't allow us to look)

If you have one of the newer JP1 remotes that can actually store copied keymoves using the source key id, IR will allow you to create copied keymoves by selecting the source key.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have written extensive notes that you don't want to lose, here's what you could do.

If you are using a built in TV code, once you've programmed the keymoves on the remote, download the memory using IR and make a note of the EFCs that are displayed, then re-open your saved IR file and re-program the keymoves in IR using those EFCs. If you want to program them in modes other than SAT, use the CLONE button.

If your TV code is an upgrade that you loaded, there is an option in KM and RM which lets you program any of the TV functions as keymoves in the other device modes. The advantage of doing it this way is that you keep the keymoves associated with your upgrade because they remain in your upgrade file.

Also, if you don't mind editing the IR file by hand, you'll notice that all the notes are stored at the bottom of the file, so you could easily cut and paste them from your old IR file to the new one that you just downloaded.
flight_ace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome info! Thanks allot........

There's allot to learn here... I do appreciate all your info...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: