JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

9910 Programming. Pretty much lost and confused

View previous topic :: View next topic  
atomiccow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: 9910 Programming. Pretty much lost and confused Reply with quote

Edit:
Deleted for brevity.
I am past the initial problem.
Am interested in solving "Out of bounds" issue listed below.

Last edited by atomiccow on Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you probably need to go over the readme files carefully. Pay particular attention to ensuring that the RDF files are in place and that IR.EXE knows where to find them.

IR.EXE communicates with your remote, decodes any learned signals and can upload upgrades to your remote.
RM (RemoteMaster) is a program for creating upgrades but the data output from it needs to be copied and then pasted into IR for subsequent upload to your remote.
KM (KeymapMaster) - "the other one" - is older than RM, does basically the same thing but, as you say, needs Excel.

My system (works for me but you can adapt it to suit) has a directory called "Program Files" (yours probably does too). I have created within it a sub-directory called - rather imaginatively - "IR". Here I have placed the IR.EXE program and the KeymapMaster program. I have a sub-directory called "RDF" (my imagination knows no bounds) and the RDF files go in there. You now need to fire up IR and go to "File...Set Directory...RDF Path" to tell IR where to look for those all-important RDF files.

I have another sub-directory called "RemoteMaster" and all of its files go in there. In the "C:/Program Files/IR" directory I have a shortcut to RemoteMaster (i.e. "C:\Program Files\IR\RemoteMaster\rmaster.bat").

Once you have the above set up and running I would suggest that you create a directory for all your upgrades (mines is in "My Documents" and sub-directory "IR files", sub-sub-directories "URC7562", "URC8910" etc. but you do it to suit yourself).

The best advice is still to go over the readme files carefully.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does appear that you are quite confused as to what each program in the JP1 world does. You will need the IR.exe program to upload to, and download from, your remote. You will then need the RM java program to create and edit upgrades.

Read the following doc which describes how to use RM:

http://controlremote.sourceforge.net/rmhelp/rmhelp.html

As for the resets that you have done on the URC-9910, did you do the "OPS RESET" as described in the printed manual? If so, that's NOT the one you were looking for. You need to do a full "MFR RESET" as described here...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4057

If after doing a full reset you still get the "no data in sig" message, you either have something wrong with your remote or with your cable.
atomiccow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited out to save time of helpful members. Original issues resolved. Continue about five posts below and within this thread to "out of bounds" issue.

Thanks for taking the time out to look.

See you below

Last edited by atomiccow on Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
atomiccow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all who replied.
This is another edit to minimize confusion and wasted time of members.

I am only trying to solve 'Out of bounds" issue mentioned below.

Last edited by atomiccow on Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atomiccow wrote:
I am still not getting the tabs but let me move things around and work on it a bit and see what else has changed.
A clear indication that you either don't have the RDF's installed, or IR can't find them.
atomiccow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok things are much better now. I think I am very close now but I can't complete my upgrade. When I copy the code from Remote Master into IR
I get the message LIST DATA OUT OF BOUNDS (-1) when I hit the OK button.

(The only thing I did that may or may not be unusual:
The upgrade I am working with when it was finishing setup mentioned one of the buttons couldnt be transfered and it asked if I'd like to assign it. I think put me into a place where it looked like I could assign the function. While I was at it I assigned three or four other unused functions on some unused buttons. When that was completed I saved the file and copied the data to transfer to IR.)

ANOTHER THREE HOURS PASS

I shut everything down IR, RM and try again. This time it works but I have no idea why. Actually at first it didn't take. I punched in the code and it was NOT FOUND. Then I did it again and it was. I don't know what to say. It took me over eight hours to program in one code. I don't know if I should consider this a success or not. I still don't know what I did. I am still stupid, but at least I can control my projector.

ANOTHER HOUR PASSES

I think I get it now.
Just added my receiver with IR and RM and it was like second nature. The download was far from complete but it gets the basics. I'll add more functionality later with learning I guess and maybe upload if I get it right.

What a frustrating curve I went through. But once you get it its like riding the bicycle.
bevhoward

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious to see if it would help... would you (atomicow) take a look at;

http://bevhoward.com/stuff/Newbie.htm

and report back if it is of any value in clearing up points?

I put this page together after being in a similar position... it's a rough draft, but, afaik, no one here has had the time to evaluate it.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took a peek. I haven't reviewed it thoroughly, but we don't use device updates, we use device upgrades..
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
bevhoward

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>> we don't use device updates, we use device upgrades <<

Thanks for the edit... remember written by a very lost newbie.
bevhoward

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page at

http://bevhoward.com/stuff/Newbie.htm

updated with your correction plus additional edits.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 9910 Programming. Pretty much lost and confused Reply with quote

atomiccow wrote:
Edit:
Deleted for brevity.
I am past the initial problem.
Am interested in solving "Out of bounds" issue listed below.

But skimming through that post it looks like you solved the issue, didn't you?

And in future, please don't go back and delete all of your old posts. If you wanted some clarity, you should have started a new thread specifically about the out of bounds issue, and referred back to this thread with a link.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: