JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to set Housecode in 15-2117?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> X10 and Home Automation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MPSAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: How to set Housecode in 15-2117? Reply with quote

I have JP1 set up and working and will add the X10 next. I see the commands on device 0167, or 1167, , and have one lamp in the den. It is C-5. I can see unit codes and the hacked setup so I can use one key for 5 and on.

I am using an IR543. But, how do I set the remote to send housecode C with the 5?

So far, I can only think of setting the remote to Learning mode, but wonder if there is a better way, since EXT2 stops the learning function?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you use the standard IR543 box, there's no way to control the house code from the remote as the house code is controlled from the IR543 box itself (you may have noticed the house code dial on the top of the IR543 box).

The only way to control the house code from an IR remote is to get a modified IR543H box.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about that. I have some Home Director Remotes I got in an inexpensive IBM Kit...just wanted the modules, etc. Very Happy

I set them to the housecode, and when I press the device, it works.

Then, I had an IRIQ learn that keypress and it worked.

I bet if I had a 2117 "learn" the keypress, it, too would work, but I think EXT2 kills the learning. This would be a great test.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IBM kit remotes send RF signals to RF transceivers. The IR543 just uses IR and the house code is set on the IR543.

Normally, I would just say "trust me" but that goes against the whole spirit of JP1, people learn much better when they find things out the hard way, so go for it.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, IBM is BOTH IR and RF. However, the IRIQ that learned the codes is IR only. I use it in main room with a Cabinet fan and room lights. There is NO rf on that House Code.

I do have a 15-1994. Perhaps I can get rid of the exp on it and try to "teach" it the code, but I do not remember if that is a learning remote...or the 2117 for that matter. I do not see a window for learning. I may have to install a non exp version of IR. I don't know how easy it is to just get rid of the expander. I can also look at my IRIQ file and see if I can find the X10 code for the fan and light. I know I can teach IT a code C-5.

The Robman wrote:
The IBM kit remotes send RF signals to RF transceivers. The IR543 just uses IR and the house code is set on the IR543.

Normally, I would just say "trust me" but that goes against the whole spirit of JP1, people learn much better when they find things out the hard way, so go for it.

MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob's right on this, believe us. On your 2117, program it with HOME code 0167. Turn on a light, change the house code on the IR543 and module or switch, do nothing to the 2117, try it again.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, are you saying that I can control C-5 by just sending a 5 from the 2117 with 0167 installed and the IR543? I guess I do not know what you are asking me to try. I thought the remote had to send a HouseCode of C as well. That is how the IRIQ works. I had it learn the keys from the IBM...but I can sure try your test real fast!

MaskedMan wrote:
Rob's right on this, believe us. On your 2117, program it with HOME code 0167. Turn on a light, change the house code on the IR543 and module or switch, do nothing to the 2117, try it again.

MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPSAN wrote:
So, are you saying that I can control C-5 by just sending a 5 from the 2117 with 0167 installed and the IR543? I guess I do not know what you are asking me to try. I thought the remote had to send a HouseCode of C as well. That is how the IRIQ works. I had it learn the keys from the IBM...but I can sure try your test real fast!

An IR remote sending IR x10 signals to the basic IR543, doesn't and can't send a housecode. So if you had two IR543's in the same room, each set to different housecode, there's nothing you can do to prevent IR x10 signal from controlling both at the same time.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I only have 1 IR543 in each room. The problem was that I had to learn House/Unit for IRIQ to work. I added 1167 (not sure why 0167 would not load) and sure enough, sending 5 on turns the Lamp on. I guess I was trying to make it harder than it was. However I am getting very low in memory. I have got to get rid of stuff I am no longer using...like 1800...I think that is ToadTog.

Thank you all and sorry for confusion. I thought 0167 was built in to 15-2117, however.

MaskedMan wrote:
MPSAN wrote:

An IR remote sending IR x10 signals to the basic IR543, doesn't and can't send a housecode. So if you had two IR543's in the same room, each set to different housecode, there's nothing you can do to prevent IR x10 signal from controlling both at the same time.

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPSAN wrote:
Thank you all and sorry for confusion.

That's OK, like I said, sometimes the best way is just to let someone figure it out for themselves. I've been using X10 for ages and I'm very familiar with the X10-IR protocol, so I knew that there was no way that the IR signal could carry a house code.

MPSAN wrote:
I thought 0167 was built in to 15-2117, however.

On this count you ARE right, the HOME/0167 code is pre-installed in the 15-2117.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH, well it didn't work when I tried 0167. I could get rid of 1167 and get some memory back. I only want code 5 and on/off...anything can do that but I did not see it. I may try again...I am down to 19 bytes free!

UPDATE
OK, this time it worked. I put it on AUX. But, I will want to play as it is the only thing I will have on AUX and may map it to a macro for the LKP stuff we were talking about in the other forum.

The Robman wrote:
MPSAN wrote:
Thank you all and sorry for confusion.

That's OK, like I said, sometimes the best way is just to let someone figure it out for themselves. I've been using X10 for ages and I'm very familiar with the X10-IR protocol, so I knew that there was no way that the IR signal could carry a house code.

MPSAN wrote:
I thought 0167 was built in to 15-2117, however.

On this count you ARE right, the HOME/0167 code is pre-installed in the 15-2117.

MPSAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, can I use the light button for LKP? I was thinking of the "X10 lamp on" for LKP and keep it as normal to turn remote light on. When we use JP1 the lamp is off, so I must preserve its normal function as well. I see the keycode but it has {} around it. Not sure just what the hex would be for the 2117 internal lamp.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPSAN wrote:
Rob, can I use the light button for LKP?

AFAIK, with an extender you can use anything for anything. I've never used LKP so I'm not the one to ask.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I will try it. Very Happy

The Robman wrote:
MPSAN wrote:
Rob, can I use the light button for LKP?

AFAIK, with an extender you can use anything for anything. I've never used LKP so I'm not the one to ask.

Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPSAN wrote:
I do have a 15-1994. Perhaps I can get rid of the exp on it and try to "teach" it the code, but I do not remember if that is a learning remote...or the 2117 for that matter. I do not see a window for learning. I may have to install a non exp version of IR. I don't know how easy it is to just get rid of the expander.

Just to follow up on and close the loop on this question from further up the thread:

(1)The RS 15-1994 and 15-2117 are both, without question, learning remotes.
(2)You must delete the extender to reactivate learning, but that's not really hard.
(a) Save your IR file,
(b) do a 981 reset of the remote (for the 2117 you don't use 981, but long press of setup followed by a press of "record" and follow the prompts).
(c) Learn all you want/need,
(d) download to IR and save/analyze.
(e) re-upload your previously saved IR file.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> X10 and Home Automation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: