JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Daytek Plasma
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, first things first, you should learn all of the buttons that are on your remote, so we can at least document the known functions, then you won't need to do so much searching.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, what is the model number of this set? Looking on the Daytec web site it appears that there are 2 different 42" models (DP-42GM and DSP-4210GM).
jeffp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly, the model is 4202AN Confused

I have learned all of the old remote codes and posted them in the file area http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1942

The codes are all on the CD device as keymoves.. I do want to make an upgrade for them because they are taking up my keymove area and I don't get repeating key behavior for any of the key moves (I assume that would work if I created an upgrade). I plopped some keys into some weird keys just so I would have everything, so I created a little spreadsheet to capture what I keys are where and I have uploaded it to http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1943

I installed excel, but not the analysis pack (and my install cd is not with me), so I am going to try to create a upgrade using KM once I install the analysis pack, but I think I need you to add the protocol to the spreadsheet first, is that correct?)

Thanks for all of your help.... btw, there are no discretes for power or input... tried all 255 hex codes... sigh
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that these keymoves didn't repeat properly indicates that there's a problem with the protocol code itself, so I pulled into into PB and noticed that the lead-in frame is set to half values for all repeats, which is clearly not the case in the signals that you learned, so I have edited the protocol code.

Here's the new KM upgrade file...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1944

Here's the device upgrade...

Upgrade Code 0 = 0F D0 (TV/2000) Daytek DP-4202AN Plasma (KM v8.31)
6A 03 7E FE FD EF AF 2F E7 CF 4F 0F F7 D7 2D CF
4F 2F AF 37 57 27 BD C7 07 87 77 37
End

Here's the protocol upgrade...

Upgrade Protocol 0 = 01 6A (S3C8+) Custom Protocol for TV/2000 Daytek DP-4202AN Plasma (KM v8.31)
43 8B 11 8B 12 C5 45 08 08 01 14 01 06 01 14 03
3F 38 C0 11 94 08 BA 8D 01 46
End

You'll still need to use keymoves, or learns, for buttons not included in the TV map (such as PAUSE, L1, L2, etc)
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Rob has created a KM upgrade that uses Manual Settings for the protocol, you can open that upgrade in RM. Just in case you don't want to wait until you can get you hands on the Excel install CD.

Rob, did you know that you can use the Advanced->Manual Settings menu item in RM to get RM to generate a protocols.ini entry for the protocol used in that upgrade you created? Just press the View Ini button.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
Rob, did you know that you can use the Advanced->Manual Settings menu item in RM to get RM to generate a protocols.ini entry for the protocol used in that upgrade you create?

I didn't, that's a good tip. As we use Java 1.3.1 (I think, rather than 1.4.1) at work, I can only use RM at home and I get very little computer time at home, so I don't play with RM much.

I guess that raises the question, would it be feasible to compile a 1.3.1 version?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I guess that raises the question, would it be feasible to compile a 1.3.1 version?
Nope, sorry. I tried, but RM uses some things that aren't in 1.3.1. The biggie, if I remember correctly, is the drag-n-drop support.

Your IT deparment, I assume, is aware that 1.3.1 is now in the End-of-Life transition period, effective from Oct 25, 2004 until March 30, 2006. No more support after that.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
jeffp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect, thanks for all of your help... Now I just have to get the input switcher toggle macro written and I am all set to go..

This is a great resource and I appreciate the time you guys put in to help the community
jeffp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, tried the new file and none of the keys seem to be working... is it possible that something that was changed to fix the repeat did that? I think I followed all of the steps correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: