JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony cmt-cpx1 (compact audio)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bevhoward

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: oops Reply with quote

1. Sony cmt-cpx1
2. Compact Rcvr/CD/Tape Audio
3. 7800/6800 and 8910
4. JP1 user? yes
5. Still have original remote? yes
6. Checked the file section? (Yes)
7. Checked the Pronto file section (Yes)
8. Partially working setup code? (power only on several codes) 0159, 0010, 1058, 1158, 1258, 0158, 0474, 0010
9. Learning remote question? no... currently working on learning update creation for another remote, and, at my learning speed, it will probably be several months before I can attack this one, so, asking on the possibility that I have missed an obvious existing update
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything specific on the remote signals for this unit other than the likelyhood that it's an AV2 mode.

However, when searching, the model is HCD-CPX1, not cmt-cpx1. Sony system numbers are pretty much meaningless, you always need the actual model of the unit which houses the remote receiver.

Unless they outsourced this unit (very possible nowadays) it should match some of the HCD type upgrades.
bevhoward

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>> HCD <<

Thanks... will seach using that string... the number came off of the front of the unit, but will go back and see if something different is on the "data plate"
bevhoward

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new? (swear it wasn't there earlier today) "Sony Codes Sticky" in this section contains what _appears_ to be valuable information.

the device I'm searching for seems to closely match table "16" on the page at; http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/Sony_cdcombo.htm

That info, however, leaves this newbie as adrift as before as I don't yet have the skills necessary to know what to do with the information in the table after reading through the site, so, I remain at postion "HELP!"
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bev,
As you have several learning JP1 remotes, you have everything you need to create this upgrade yourself. If you read through my help doc carefully, I think you'll find that I've spelled it all out quite clearly.

In any event, you should learn as many buttons as you can before the memory fills up, then save the IR file. Next, delete all the learned signals, and start over capturing all the buttons that you missed the first time. Keep doing this until you have files that contain all the learned signals.

When you learn something to a non-obvious button (eg, learning the EJECT button to the PIP key, for example) please go into IR and make a NOTE of what the button really is.

When you're done, zip all the files together, post them in the Diagnosis Area and post a link to them, then possibly one of us will convert the data into an upgrade.
bevhoward

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, you have been a great (and patient) help over the past couple of weeks... have made a lot of progress only because of those responses.

I acknowledge that I am "scattered" because I am trying to get a good understanding of the underpinnings rather than simply learn "how to..."

Have several (unrealated) projects today, but am committed to trying to build my first update today or at least assemble the pieces.

Two additional questions related to that education.

1 - Can you point to a source on how to discover "discrete" on/off codes... I know I have encountered a page with that info in the past 48 hours, but have been unable to "rediscover" it even using my browser history.

2 - What are the steps to recover an update obtained from OneForAll... I have three that they downloaded via phone that I would really like to save as updates, but there appears to be no way of using that hex code as a starting point.

Thanks again,
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1a. Search the web to see if someone else has discovered them.
1b. Create upgrades that contain all the un-accounted for OBCs, then try all of the buttons to see if any of them do anything. NOTE: this procedure can lead to you accidentally discovering a self-destruct code. Typically this warning only applies to TV sets though.

2. Once you've got your remote back from OFA, save the memory contents and post the file for us to look at. If we recognize the upgrades as being the same as an existing JP1 upgrade, we can point it out to you, otherwise we can give you the protocol id and device codes, then you can copy all of the EFCs from IR over to KM or RM.
bevhoward

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>> You have enough to... <<

Update created for ViewSonic PJ250 DLP Projector at
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1918

>> Search the web for discrete codes... <<

Will keep looking... as mentioned, found a page that had this info once but have not been able to rediscover the page.

>> HCD-CPX1 <<

Found the update (Sony_HCDfc7.rmdu) that appears by looking at it to be an exact match, but zero response when loaded and tested.

It was my first upload using RM, so I suspect that I may have missed some critical step in RM.

Tried to load it in KM but it would not allow it even with RMDU file type selected.

>> I think you'll find that I've spelled it all out quite clearly. <<

Going through the process as a first time newbie, I do have a few process step documentation ideas which I will put in a file on my site (tomorrow?)

If you (RobMan) or anyone else think they would help others, they will be posted as public domain.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bevhoward wrote:
Found the update (Sony_HCDfc7.rmdu) that appears by looking at it to be an exact match, but zero response when loaded and tested.

Did you learn a bunch of buttons first so you know exactly what device codes and OBCs you're looking for? If not, trying to find a match by trial and error could be quite a time consuming process.
bevhoward

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Sony HCD-CPX1 has me stumped Reply with quote

A question from the "Learning Learning" process.

I thought the Viewsonic was going to be difficult, but the Sony HCD-CPX1 remote has me stumped and makes the Viewsonic code collection look easy.

After a "learning" session to collect the codes from the remote, there are several issues I have no idea how to address;

multiple entries for some button presses

"xx _or_ yy" for many hex/ecp entries

multiple protocols from the same remote

Codes followed by "Async" strings

I re-learned some of the codes on the thought that the capture might have been flawed, but the results on each button I re-learned showed identical results.

Any direction on how to proceed would be appreciated.

The ir file that contains these learned codes is at
http://bevhoward.com/stuff/CPX1-Lrn.ir
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sony executor is what we call a mini-combo, which allows you to combine 2 different device codes, which is why you see 2 possibilites for the EFC codes, but you should see just 1 possibility for the OBC code. Therefore, I recommend that you focus on the OBC codes.

As for the different protocols, I'm guessing that they are all either Sony12, Sony15 or Sony20. If this is the case, read the documentation on both the regular Sony executor and the Sony "combo" executors.

You can ignore the async stuff as that's just extra fluff that the decoder sometimes spits out.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob answered it all, so you probably don't need extra detail on the min-combo issue. But if you want extra detail, some is in the DecodeIr documentation at
mini combo
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'e just had a chance to look at your learned signals and I see that they come from the following device codes:

Sony12 14
Sony12 16
Sony12 17
Sony15 144
Sony20 26.57

I did a bit of Googling to find that the CPX1 is a mini-system, which combines a CD player with a receiver and possibly some other virtual components.

Cross checking with the http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/ site, I'm guessing that the device codes are used for the following functions:

Sony12 14 - cassette (deck B)
Sony12 16 - cassette (deck A)
Sony12 17 - CD
Sony15 144 - DSP/surround modes
Sony20 26.57 - numbers, transport, etc

I didn't cross check all of your OBCs, but I'm betting that you'll find most, if not all, of them here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/Sony_cdcombo.htm

I also didn't compare all the codes in this file, but I'm betting that this upgrade will be pretty close to what you want also:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=354

Next up is the question of how you want to program this device. The first thing I always say to people trying to program combo devices is to stop thinking of them as one device, think of them as seperate "virtual" components. In other words, pretend that you have 2 seperate cassette decks, an amplifier, a tuner and a CD player, then ask yourself, how would you program those. There's no need to program all of the functions into one upgrade, unless you really want to.

If you end up with just 2 seperate Sony12 or Sony15 device codes to combine, you can use the regular Sony executor, but if you want to combine more than that, you'll need to use the Sony combo executor.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bev,
Once you do get this one figured out (and I have no doubt that you will), I have a favor to ask.

When you compare the OBCs and device codes from your learned signals with the master list on the Sony site, you'll see that there are many more functions listed there than actually appear on your OEM remote. This is because those master lists are for the real components, not the virtual components that make up your mini-system.

I'm curious to know how many of the additional functions from those master lists are actually supported by your device. The theory being that Sony might have loaded the regular firmware into the device (which supports many of those extra functions) even though they didn't put buttons for them on the remote.

Therefore, if you're up for some experimentation (once you have your basic upgrade working), could you create upgrades that contain as many of those additional functions as you care to test and then see what works?
bevhoward

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>> Once you do get this one figured out (and I have no doubt that you will), I have a favor to ask. <<

The least I could do...

>> Once you do get this one figured out <<

I'm toast tonight... reading the above several times plus what I learned today, I _think_ I understand, but please clarify or point me to clarification of the OBC vs EFC vs HEX

I watch these being "generated" in KM but don't understand what controls what's being used... it looks like it's all converted to hex before it gets uploaded.

>> Sony Site <<

Spent a lot of time on those pages yesterday, but, while http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony/Sony_rcvr.htm looked like a match, don't know what the "commands" refer to... help!

>> Sony Minisystem RXD10AV <<

Downloaded... will run a quick test tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: