JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-41000B00 Cable Remote
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiretwister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: URC-41000B00 Cable Remote Reply with quote

I picked up this remote simply because it had the jp1 pins already....I cant find alot on this thig...The CPU is SC427072P 1994 UEI, Eprom is Atmel 550 24co8.
I need this remote for one device...A uniden UST-4500 sat receiver.
HELP!!!!!!! All I get is Did not receive a response from remote ErrNo=1,Param=168

Wire

Last edited by wiretwister on Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of JP1 cable are you using, and have you tried it both with and without batteries in the remote?
wiretwister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using a hombrew "simple" with the diode and resistors....cable is 24"long made with computer ribbon.......
I have got a read but seems its almost empty.....first line has a few hex but the the page is FF other than that......Oh, read with batteries...it takes several attempts to get a response.....
Im green at this remote thing........but have jtagged/unlooped (get the picture)...so Im educated in the hex thing.
The CPU in this remote seems to be a bastard......I can find any docs on it at all........can you tell me if its doable.
I just need the one device loaded.......I file for the ust-4500 but its in format for a RS remote, Im thinking it needs reworked to work anyway even if this remote is workable..........

Thanks for your help.......I need it !!

Wiretwister
wiretwister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After searching and reading most of the night.....I did find that the processor is the same as the 43xxx..........and I can talk to the remote.
It seems to be the same as the 43xxx except the original provider is mediacast.
Now the probem is I cant find a RDF for either (or) with the B00 extension.....I need 43xxxB00....
I tried 43xxxb01 and it is not right.....give me the -01 error...
Anyone got or can steer me where I need to be for this one??

Wire
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're able to dump the remote but there's no RDF for it, it simply means that we haven't seen this remote before (I certainly don't recognize the model number).

Therefore, someone needs to create a new RDF for it. To get that process started, you should post a copy of the IR dump in the Diagnosis Area (and PLEASE post a link to your file once it's there).
wiretwister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I do a dump....its pretty much empty......in raw data, only a few hex in the first line.....other than that its all FF.
This remote I picked up at a goodwill, I pretty sure its been tinkered with before me..........I am almost positive its the same as the 43xxx..I looked at the circuit layout for the 43xxx and its the same .
Buttons same as well for the 43xxxB00 and 41XXXB00.
Is there a file for a 43XXXB00...I feel like thats the key.

Wire
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a 981 reset on the remote and then try dumping it again. Either way, i can't tell if the file looks normal or not unless I see it.
wiretwister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try............Is there a RDF for the 43XXXB00 that you know of????

I would like to try that..
wiretwister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the dump and if is useless............first line has 5 or 6 hex char. but the rest is al ff's.........no usable data even after a reset.....
However........this remote will take a upload from a 43000B01 but I cant get it to work with the ust-4500 upgrade......Im not doing something right......Im on the right track......just dont have a full grip on how it all comes together yet....any help??

Wire
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do another download after loading the 43000 file into the 41000 remote, do you see all the data that you uploaded? If so, this confirms that the download process is working, but it also tends to imply that the 41000 is not reading the EEPROM (because the 981 reset should have initialized the EEPROM).

If, even after loading all the 43000 data into the 41000, the download still just shows 5 or 6 bytes of data followed by all FFs, this implies that the download process is not working. If this is the case, have you tried doing the download both WITH and WITHOUT batteries in the remote?

You've asked several times about an RDF for the 43000 but you still haven't posted a copy of the IR.exe file, which is why no-one's been able to answer that question for you.
wiretwister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got a reset dump, here is a link:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1910

Hope this helps.

Wire
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the issue with this remote? I downloaded your IR file and IR recognized the remote as a "UniWand" Navigator, using the "CA00 (Navigator URC-43000-B01).rdf" RDF file.

Did you download the 1.17 RDF zip file? If so, IR should have recognized your remote. Assuming that this is the right RDF for your remote, you should be able to use RM to create upgrades. Is this what you tried?

I see that there were a bunch of upgrades in there before you did the reset, are these upgrades that you created?

There were 5 cable codes: 0476, 0477, 0455, 0566 and 0627, plus VCR/0479 and CD/0520.
wiretwister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the upgrades were from previous owner...it came from goodwill.............I only need 0657 in it for the ust-4500
So what do i need to do??
mtakahar
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download the latest RDF package in this folder: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=7, make sure the RDF path is correctly set in both RM (see the RemoteMaster.properties file) and IR (File > Set Directory > RDFPath...) then try it again.

Hal
wiretwister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried it again......I keep getting out of bounds -1, I can upload without error using 44000B00 RFD but is it not a 16 bit processor...and the 41xxxand 43xxx a 8the 8 bit version...........
BUT..it uploaded none the less........button discription is a little different, will that mess me up.....43xxx has a audio device ...41xxx has AUX instead.....would the address be the same.
anyway after uploading the UST-4500 upgrade to the remote.....it wouldnt accept the 0657 code(less the zero).....I told it the AUX/Audio key for the device( that might be the problem.
Anyway.Im at work now...will work at it when I get home in the morning...ANY HELP....I sure will take all I can get.

Wire
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: