JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fjmet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: IR Question Reply with quote

Using IR v615. I created a .IR file for my Atlas 5 device remote. It contains many useful notes. It loaded down to the remote and works just fine. I then added some macros at the remote which I could not do in IR. When I upload back from the remote to get a final .IR file with the macros in it, I lose all of my notes. Is there any way to preserve the notes??
Frank
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: IR Question Reply with quote

I wonder why the macros could not be made in IR. In any case:
Notes are not sent (uploaded) to the remote. To preserve the notes, you need to save the IR file and not download from the remote again. In your case you have a problem in that the subsequent download from the remote returned you the macros, but the notes were already gone.

If you still have the IR file with notes, you can open a second session of IR, and copy, i.e. type in, the macros from the file where the notes are missing to the file where your notes still exist. Hope you recover your notes Smile
bevhoward

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fwiw, I had the same experience, but found that I could;

open a previous .ir file with a _plain text editor_

scroll to the bottom

mark and copy everything from [Notes] to the end of the file

open the recent .ir file that contains no notes in the text editor

paste the notes at the bottom of that file

save the changes as a new file with a different filename and the extension .ir

Using an wysiwyg editor such as word or wordpad will likely corrupt the file.

Note... changing _anything_ before the beginning of the [Notes] including the formatting, will corrupt the critical hex code and render the file useless.

Within a specific remote, the "offsets" that position the notes appear to be fairly static... as long as nothing else has changed such as the addition or deletion of a device, they appear to position correctly following extensive "learns"
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: