JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New One For All Remotes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyross

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SWAP EFC for the GI/Motorola 0472 code is 236 (or 00236). Doesn't that work? The advanced code list here has all of them listed. Also, there are two different 6412 KeymapMaster files I uploaded awhile ago. One has it has a Cable box (transport controls as keymoves), and the other as a PVR (transport controls are part of the upgrade.) The PVR version saves keymap/macro memory, but may require remapping volume/mute keys if you don't put it on a VCR/DVR/PVR/DVD button.
jetstar52

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way to get the header and EEPROM installed inexpensively is to contact OFA, and tell them you need a code for, oh, say an Adcom gsp-560. They'll send you an RMA, and you'll get back a remote that's jp-1 compatible.
andyross

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note that I added the EEPROM and JP1 salvaged from my crushed (my foot is still sore) 8810 into a new 6131nw. IR 6.10 recognized it as a 6131, although it complains that the memory size in the RDF is wrong. Fresh from a MFR RESET, it shows 225 free Move/Macro, and 1784 upgrade. I successfully downloaded the settings, and uploaded some changes.

My main complaint is that this sucker is very hard to take apart. The sides grip very strongly, and the top is thin and flexible. It's not too visibly scratched up, but you have to pull pretty hard on the top while trying to pry the bottom to the side.

I'm using this with my bedroom setup (Sony TV and Cyberhome DVD). Unlike my previous 6012 and 8810, this one had a code for the DVD (0689), although it took a code search to find it. I may still use my upgrade, though.
gillspice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed an EEPROM and a JP1 connector in a 6131nw, and installed the 6131 extender. It all worked without any problems, although I do get the error that the EEPROM size doesn't match the setting in the RDF.
mtakahar
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you saw the error before installing the extender, right?
That's because someone (Nils, maybe?) changed value of EepromSize in the RDF to indicate this remote has only 1K. We used to create separate RDF's for separate EEPROM sizes, but it's done this way for some reasons. The upper bound of UpgradeAddr is still for 2K, though.

If you are still getting the error after installing the extender, perhaps you picked up the 1K version of it into 2K EEPROM. You may not be using the full capacity if that's the case.

Hal
whompus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does this remote do keymoves if there is no eeprom in it?
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whompus wrote:

I throught you asked if it did, not how it does it.Smile I guess its stalled in the ROM.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whompus wrote:
With no EEPROM, the remote stores setup codes & keymoves in RAM, meaning they will disappear if the batteries are removed for a long enough period of time.
whompus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks. I guess I was wondering if there might be an eeprom under the blob of epoxy by the processor or something with people getting size errors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: