JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need upgrade for AKAI DVD w/discretes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sjmaye

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Need upgrade for AKAI DVD w/discretes Reply with quote

1. Device: Akai DVPS-760
2. Type of device: DVD player
3. JP1 Remote model: OFA URC-9910
4. JP1 user? Yes
5. Still have original remote? Yes
6. Checked the file section? Yes
7. Checked the Pronto file section Yes
8. Partially working setup code? No
9. Learning remote question? No

I some time ago I found a KM upgrade for this. Upgrade code was 0570. It works fine, but lacks discrete ON and OFF.

Does anyone know of an upgrade for this device that includes these functions?

This device is the same as the Daewoo 5700 DVD player. Does anyone know of discrete on and off for the Daewoo or Akai?
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: IRTool- A couple of questions Reply with quote

sjmaye wrote:
Wow! It works!!! Thanks.

Now. I need to do the same for an Akai DVPS-760 DVD player. I have not had any replies on my post.

I found an upgrade #0570 some time ago and it works OK, but it lacks discretes. I can not even find that one now.

Any idea where I can find an upgrade with discrete on and off?

Thanks, Jonsfine!

Are you sure discrete's exist? Since you're using IRtool, you're familiar with Pronto Hex. So your best bet for finding a discrete is to look in the discrete forum on Remote Central. You could also look for upgrades (both
here and at RC) for similiar players to see if they have discretes.

As a last resort you could try all 256 OBCs with the protocol info (NEC1 210.108), but you should be warned that there is a small chance that one of the codes will do something very bad. Some codes (especially on TV's) can cause the device to become inoperable without factory service. You should check around to see if others have successfully searched for discrete codes on your model or similar models.
sjmaye

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I am having a hard time finding an upgrade with or without discretes for the Akai DVD player, is there a chance another make would use the exact same remote signals?

Is there a cross reference guide for something like this?
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sjmaye wrote:
Since I am having a hard time finding an upgrade with or without discretes for the Akai DVD player, is there a chance another make would use the exact same remote signals?

Only if both DVD players were made by the same manufacturer (with one of them being rebranded).
sjmaye wrote:

Is there a cross reference guide for something like this?

Nope. Since you have a learning remote, you'll probably have to create your own upgrade. Make sure you upload it to the File Section when you're done. Smile
sjmaye

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe , in fact, this is a rebranded Daewoo 5700. I found that the upgrade I am using to run my Akai DVD player was originally made for a Daewoo 5700. It works fine, except it has no discrete on and off.

I have the original remote. Is there anyway I can find if this DVD player has discrete ON and OFF capability?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sjmaye wrote:
Now. I need to do the same for an Akai DVPS-760 DVD player. I have not had any replies on my post.

When you make a "does anyone have discrete codes?" post and nobody replies, it doesn't mean people are ignoring you, it just means that nobody knows what the discrete codes are, and the most likely reason for that is they don't exist. If you have a working upgrade for this DVD player, your best bet is to go searching for discretes yourself, and by that I don't mean a Google search, I mean that you should try out all the gap OBC codes.

However, I just took a peek at the Daewoo 5700 upgrade and I notice that all OBCs in the range 0 thru 31 are accounted for, as are the OBCs in the range 64 thru 73 (where 73 is the highest OBC). It's not unusual for OBCs in the range 32 thru 63 to be skipped for NEC1 upgrades, so I would not expect any secret functions to be found there. Therefore, if the first few OBCs started with OBC 74 don't do anything (which I expect they won't) I think it's safe to say that this player doesn't support discrete codes.

Your next best bet is to see if any of the known functions act as a discrete on, for example, with many DVD players, the PLAY button will power on the player if it's currently off, so you can use "PLAY, STOP" as a discrete on macro, and "PLAY, STOP, POWER" as a discrete off macro.
sjmaye

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rob,

I thought I had done about all the searching there could be for finding the discrete codes. I was not aware of the "gap OBC codes".

Based on what you are saying it is unlikely this will help me as they are pretty much all accounted for. I never thought of your concept of looking for other functions that act as a discrete on.

I will take the original remote and see if I find anythign that works that way.

Thanks for the explanation.

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: