JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Information

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vedorfer

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Information Reply with quote

Bought All the necessities.
One For All 9910.
JP1 Cable
Got all the software, drivers, keymap-master, Devices.xl, Devices4.xls, decodeIR.dll .

Don't really know the procedure to install everything so neither my laptop nor my PC recognize that there is a remote affixed. I think it's because it doesn't recognize the device through the Com1 Port.

Can someone walk me through this? After this the written procedures to reprogram seem rather simple even to me.

Thank You,
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Information Reply with quote

Vedorfer wrote:
I think it's because it doesn't recognize the device through the Com1 Port.
Did you buy a serial JP1 cable? If not, you need to use the parallel port, not a com port.
prelude
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Information Reply with quote

If you bought a parallel cable, and want to connect it to your laptop, the address is 3BC, if desktop, the address is 378 (or 278). There is no driver to install for parallel cable.

If you have a USB cable, then you need to install USB driver.

Here are the instructions:

http://www.diygadget.com/download.php

Vedorfer wrote:
Bought All the necessities.
One For All 9910.
JP1 Cable
Got all the software, drivers, keymap-master, Devices.xl, Devices4.xls, decodeIR.dll .

Don't really know the procedure to install everything so neither my laptop nor my PC recognize that there is a remote affixed. I think it's because it doesn't recognize the device through the Com1 Port.

Can someone walk me through this? After this the written procedures to reprogram seem rather simple even to me.

Thank You,

jeptha

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got mine, too, Vedorfer. I was having the same problem with an 8811 an both my PC and the laptop. I kept geting a message about "no response from device". After doing a little searching for related problems in the forums, I tried taking out one, then all the batteries. Ta-Daa! Apparently, the cable sends enough power thru to the remote to do its job. I'm guessing that the remote having its own power confuses the signal.
DaleMac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that you have to be logged on as administrator to get IR to communicate with the remote.
Vedorfer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Got the answers Reply with quote

I'm past that now. Mine works with or without batteries. It turned out that I didn't have the directories set up as they needed to be so IR.exe could find the remote information library. Also my laptop recognizes on the same port as my PC. Works just fine.

I would suggest that these basic instructions be part of the readme files with IR. Not that it would have helped because it all came down to, "operator untrainable."

Thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: