JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is the source code to IR 6.0 freely available?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bvwelch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Is the source code to IR 6.0 freely available? Reply with quote

Greetings,

Being a computer programmer myself, I'm curious to see the source to the IR program. I've looked in the file section here, and at Yahoo JP1, but I just can't seem to find it.

Did I miss it somehow?

Thanks,

-bill
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark has given it several times to individuals who seemed to have a serious interest in helping enhance it. But I don't think he keeps up to date source posted anywhere.

IR is coded in Delphi Pascal, so a very limited number of programmers have the tools and knowledge needed to help enhance it.
bvwelch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

Thanks for your reply.

Perhaps there are other ways I can help. I don't want to start off on the wrong foot with this great resource, JP1 and hifi-remote.

There was a passing comment elsewhere in the forum about adding some of the IR functionality into the RM Java app. I assume that RM is "open source", since it is hosted on SourceForge.

Now, If the IR source isn't freely available, can you describe the terms and conditions? I respect the author's right to limit the availability of the source code. But, It may be hard to mix "closed source" with the, presumably "open source", of RM.

I was wanting to assess the size and complexity of the IR program, before offering to help out with adding its functionality to RM.

I have the skills and tools, and a serious interest in helping out, but I have a lot of other activities going on these days.

Thanks,

-bill
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't "closed source".

Older versions of the IR source code are posted at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1-km/files/Source%20Code/Delphi/

I don't know of a location for any newer versions, but I'm not sure there isn't one.

Hopefully Mark will comment on all this soon.
prelude
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, as many of you already known, the latest USB chip (firmware version 11) from delcom has a bug and delcom probably will suggest to modify the host application to accommodate the bug. I'm just wondering where can I get a copy of the source code of IR 6.0? I know it is coded in Pascal, just want to see if I can play around with it. BTW, if indeed we need to change IR.exe, so who can help us to fix it?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: