JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SABA 31-5023 Home Theatre Codes (new @ Radio Shack)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schroedermi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: SABA 31-5023 Home Theatre Codes (new @ Radio Shack) Reply with quote

Any ideas for programming for a Saba 31-5023 Home Theater (currently being sold at Radio Shack)? I can get some of the buttons learned (i.e. Vol+) but others won't. Any ideas what frequency these are modulated at?

-Jeff Sad
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can get some learned, and the learned signals work, take a look and see what IR.exe reports the signals to be.

If the results are inconclusive, or you just don't understand how to read them, post the IR.exe file in the Diagnosis Area.
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's IR decode the ones you were able to learn? It's unlikely that they used substantially different frequencies for some of the device than for other parts. Which ueic remote are you trying to learn to? Do the "successful" learns actually work the device right?

Jim
schroedermi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Saba learned commands - not right Reply with quote

James,

It does not appear to be working correct. The volume up button seems to be responding. Also increasing the volume on my SONY TV. I have tried the Sony codes 0000 but then the volume + stops working. The remote I am programming is a Radioshack 15-2103

-Jeff
Lenroc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the 2103 have a 6-pin interface? If so have you posted your IR.exe dump to the Yahoo! group, as requested?

If you've learned the button "Volume Up", and the learned key works to turn up the volume on the device in question, you're halfway to getting it all working, assuming you have a JP1 remote (... right, guys?).
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2103 is not JP1 ready, nor does it have a spot for the 6-pin header. It can be made JP1-able by installing a "stereo" interface, though it is much more difficult than most of the other JP1 modifications. Plus, most 2103's only have a 1k EEPROM. While I have 2 of them, I don't consider them a good JP1 remote.

schroedermi wrote:
The volume up button seems to be responding. Also increasing the volume on my SONY TV.

Are you saying that pressing Vol+ causes both the Saba and the TV volumes to increase at the same time?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless the 15-2103 in question has been modified to be JP1 compatible, this thread doesn't belong in the JP1 section. After all, even if we provide an upgrade for this device, what are you going to do with it?
schroedermi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: 15-2103 Reply with quote

Gentlemen,

You are correct. The 2103 is not JP1 ready. My 2104 however is. I will attempt to learn the code for Vol + and dig out my cable so I can post the IR.exe dump.

YES VOL+ learned from the SABA remote turns up the SABA HT and my Sony TV. Vol - Has no effect on either.

-Jeff
Lenroc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Vol + is a good learn, Vol - is not, and the new system uses the same protocol as Sony TVs Wink

This is an untrained opinion though...

Have you tried using the Sony remote? What happens when you press Volume + on that? I would assume the TV and the new unit would both respond. I would also assume that both units would respond to Vol - on the Sony remote. If not, then this whole post is wrong... Wink
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say, get the 15-2104 out, along with your JP1 cable, then learn the VOL+ button and see what the protocol and device code info is. THis one button might tell us exactly what code you need.
schroedermi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Saba Device Coded and Protocol Reply with quote

It looks like the SABA is NEC1 Device 64 - Still not sure what to do next

I have learned the keys I need from my Saba DVD HT. I am trying to create a new device and have entered everything into keymapper and copied the results to IR and uploaded to my 15-2116. The device keys do not work. I have attached the saved txt file from IR. IR shows the learned protocol as NEC1 but it does not work on the device side. I think the Freq is wrong or something. Any help would be appreciated

How do you attach or post files for review here?

-Jeff
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the device code is NEC1 64, select NEC1 as the protocol in KM and enter 64 as the device code. Decide whether you want to enter the codes in OBC or EFC format (IR.exe displays both), then go to the Functions sheet and enter the button names from the Saba remote and the respective OBC or EFC codes.

Then copy the upgrade code over to IR.exe and load it into your remote. Don't forget to assign this new upgrade to an actual device button.

You can't attach files to posts in this forum, you should put any files that you want us to look at in the Diagnosis Area in the Yahoo group.
schroedermi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Thanks to all Reply with quote

Thanx to all that helped with this . I was missing the device code "64" now all is working and I have a new device definition setup just for the DVD HT. Next will be to create a device for my old Technics RA-230 reciever.

Thanx!

-Jeff
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done.

Include all the functions for this device in the Functions list (even if you're not using them) then load the file into the File Section at Yahoo, so the next person with the same device can use it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: