JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2116 ext2 dkp probs with device keys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flipwood

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: 2116 ext2 dkp probs with device keys Reply with quote

a few questions concerning the 2116 ext2:

1) i can't seem to get the dkp to work on the device keys, it works fine on the other keys. i don't believe Its an issue with nesting since i set up a couple of simple macros with just the number 1 & 2 in them but still no dkp function on the cbl button.

2) is there a list of the hex values for the xs_buttons, i've found the list for default & shifted, but no xs_.

3) eventually i do want the device keys for device setup on the dkp, i am assuming i will need to use the adv select protcol 5to reference the device in the macro, but i have no idea how to use it or the device select protocol. the instructions seem to be ambiguous about what values to put where.
mtakahar
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) I guess you have device selection (global) macros on the device buttons that are pre-defined in the extender image. If you just create a DKP key move, IR.exe would just put it at the end of the macros/key moves memory, and the extender just executes whatever it finds first. Try dragging some key moves up/down on the KeyMoves tab in IR.exe and it will move all the key moves before all macros. Then, the extender should be able to find the DKP key move.
2) They are listed as "XShifted" in the KeyCodes.htm comes with the extender.
3) You don't have to use any special protocols to switch the device mode. Just use the DEV_? and SET_?_KEYS commands. Read the ReadMe.txt comes with the extender for more details.

Hal
sfhub

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely what mtakahar mentioned with the macro/keymove ordering
is the problem you are seeing.

I usually move the conflicting macros to other keycodes when I use
DKP or LKP. I'm using DKP successfully with various buttons including
CBL without problems, so it does work. This is with 15-2116 ex2
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: