JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

LKP on Device keys- How?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: LKP on Device keys- How? Reply with quote

I can't seem to get LPK to work on the device keys. I did get it to work on a shifed device key, I assume I had shift-cloaking in action, however that is not what I want. My reason for using LPK, besides a excuse to play with this JP1 programing stuff, is to move away from using shift keys in my set-up. I have done alot of searching and reading. Here is the quote from how I derived my set-up.
Quote:
Here is the bast way to set up a LKP for the device buttons.

1) Create a macro on the CBL button that executes the LKP.

It would look something like: DEV_CBL;Phantom1

2) Put the LKP on the CBL;Phantom1

It would look something like: Device;CBL and Button;Phantom1

SHORT side: SET_OTHER_KEYS;SET_TRANS_KEYS etc

I gueuss my questions is: Are these instructions correct?

Thanks
DRB
[/quote]
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: LKP on Device keys- How? Reply with quote

drb wrote:
Are these instructions correct?

Yes. You're probably making some minor error that a review of a posted and linked IR file would quickly reveal.
drb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will post the IR file later today when I get home. I left the macros on the shifted device keys as a failsafe, couls this be part of the problem why LKP won't work?

DRB
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to tell from the info provided, but if you have two different functions/macros/keymoves/... assigned to the same key, then you'll have a problem.
drb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I worked on this file some more and still no luck. I left shifted device key macros [which all work]. These shifted device macros are what should be on the long part of the LKP.

The only device keys that flash like a LKP should are the P&p,CD, and Cbl/Sat keys. While these keys flash, the flashes are sometimes weak and have no results at all. BTW, all the short functions seem to work well.

Here is a link to the file, hopefuly someone can see some dumb mistake I am making.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1427

Thanks
DRB
Hlorri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that strikes me as somehwat, ahem, uneccessarily complex in your .IR file is that you call LKPs from your device macros, then recursively DSMs from your LKPs. For instance, you have a macro on the CBL/SAT button which only calls the "CBL/SAT -> Phantom3" LKP, which in turn calls the "CBL/SAT -> Shift-Phantom1" DSM from both the "short" and "long" key sequences.

Why not change this to:
    Device macros that (a) set the active device in your remote (T_xx, V_xx, ...), and (b) call the LKP for the active mode.
    LKPs that have an empty "short" key sequence (first byte would be "$20"), but a key sequence that sets up your units in the "long" sequence

For instance:
    CBL/SAT macro: <T_SAT> <V_AUX1> <C_SAT> <M_SAT> <P_SAT> <O_SAT> <Phantom3>
    CBL/SAT -> Phantom3 (LKP): Short sequence empty, Long sequence <X_TV> <DiscreteOn> <CH+> <TV/Video{A/B}> <TV/Video{A/B> <X_AUX1> <DiscreteON> <3>

Voila - you have eliminated the need for your "Shift-Phantom1" DSMs.

Not sure if this will fix your problems with the LKP, but it's probably worth a try. (This is similar to what I do).

Tor
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: