JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

9 devices on an 8811/8810w

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mappedyr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: 9 devices on an 8811/8810w Reply with quote

First of all, thanks for a great forum. I have been a fan of OFA for a lot of years. I really enjoyed John Wasser's pages years ago. But what you have achieved with the 6 pin JP1 interface is really amazing!

I had a Topline 8 for a couple of years, but then I upgraded to a 8910. As everybody else, I hate the arrow pad. So, I just got myself a 8811w from Ebay. Unfortunately I can see, I can't use HT for a ninth device the way I did with my 8910. Would the extender enable that?

Cheers,
Kjeld from Denmark
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several ways to support a 9'th device. I'm not sure what you mean by using HT for that on the 8910. I think HT has its own learned signal set in the 8910 (I'm not sure) but it doesn't have its own setup code nor keymoves.

However you build the 9'th device, it won't have its own set of keymoves. It must share keymoves with some other device. Maybe you have two of your nine devices that don't need keymoves, so you can make those two share.

The extender isn't absolutely required for 9'th device support in an 8811. But it sure helps.

The most direct way to get 9'th device is using the device multiplexor protocol (from the special protocols spreadsheet). That lets you put multiple setup codes onto one device mode and then the device select macro can both select that mode and switch to the desired setup code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: