JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How do I convert a Pronto Hex code into a OFA EFC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: How do I convert a Pronto Hex code into a OFA EFC? Reply with quote

Someone has posted codes for discrete inputs for a Panasonic TV that were found witha Pronto. The codes for each input consist of some 94 hex decimals. What do I do with these numbers to get them into an EFC I can use with my Cinema 7? The author stated that the code for each input was
"All in Pronto IR hex format:"

TIA

SMK
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a program in the yahoo file section called IRTool that will convert the codes for you.

Rob
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Rob. I figured that someone had made a program to do this. I looked in the files section but obviously didn't understand what I was doing.

One question now that I've been able to get the EFC. For the first code I tried, discrete off, it indicates that the code is a Panasonic code (it is a Panasonic TV), device code 128. When I did the discrete video input one code, it tells me that the device code is 128.4. What is the .4?

Thanks again.

SMK
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyGBiv wrote:
...it tells me that the device code is 128.4. What is the .4?

The .4 indicates the Sub-Device.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EFCs are just a way of telling the remote which command to send (via IR signal) within a given device code. Most setup codes (except for combos) are programmed to send one device code.

In your case, however, you need the ability to send several different device codes (ie, 128.0 and 128.4, plus maybe some others).

The 128 is your "main" device code, and the 0 and 4 are your "sub-device" codes.

You can either create a mini upgrade using 128.4 and program the one keymove for it, or you could create an upgrade using the Panasonic Combo protocol which lets you use several sub-device codes within one main device code.

Rob
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

What's making this even more difficult is that I don't own this TV. As part of my decision-making process, I want to make sure I can program my OFA to tune directly to each input. So, I will work on the remote codes, take them to Circuit City, and I will see if they work.

SMK
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: